This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing WHM / cPanel

Only the Reseller has access to the Web Hosting Manager (WHM). Your customers will not have access to WHM.

There are several ways to access WHM / cPanel /Webmail:

1)Accessing through IP address:
    If your dedicated IP is 69.25.195.243 then the login links would look like:

2)Accessing through domain name:
    If your domain name is mydomain.com then the login links would look like:

Small business web hosting offering additional business services such as: domain name registrations, email accounts, web services, online community resources and various small business solutions.

Small business web hosting offering additional business services such as: domain name registrations, email accounts, web services, online community resources and various small business solutions.

3)Finally you can access the WHM / cPanel by using the server hostname.
    If the server hostname is server.*******panel.com then the login link would look like:

In case you are behind FireWall, have Router, the following ports must be enabled:

1) 2087 - WHM
    2) 2083 - cPanel
    3) 2096 - Webmail

In case you cannot enable those ports on your FireWall / Router you can install Cpanel Proxy, which will replace those ports with port 80 (the HTTP port)

You can find the Cpanel Proxy here => http://cpanelproxy.net/autoinstall

If you decide to install it, have in mind that we DO NOT provide any support for ANY 3rd party products. You will have to install it on your own. If you install the proxy make sure to change your cPanel password(s) after that.

The username for your newely activated WHM / cPanel account is generated automatically. This username CANNOT be changed. The password for your newley created WHM / cPanel account is the same for both WHM / cPanel and for your Support/Billing login. This is the password which you have entered when you filled the order form.

Hello Kalin

Are we getting something we are not aware about?

It this is true, I can only guess that ZEND and ionCube will be here as alternative to standard /read GREAT/ RSP hosting.

If both answers are "yes" then I have something in my pocket that I want you to have

Thanks
    Arthur

Comment

I have read your post.I'm going to add that your root user can be used for SFTP though in case there are any files or directories that are secured to your root account.Thanks for letting everybody know,we will have the default images fixed so this wont happen again.

Comment

nandu

nadu is a good boy

Comment

I thought that learning about SSL and other related areas wouldn't be so hard. Of course I was wrong. Thank you for the tutorial. I got lost in the control panel and had no idea which settings were right.

Comment

Only the Reseller has access to the Web Hosting Manager (WHM). Your customers will not have access to WHM.
            First : How to be a reseller ?
            Second : What if customer needed access to cPanel (may be limited). Can you add limited users to cPanel ?

Comment

Originally posted by mar.and65 View Post
              First : How to be a reseller ?
              Second : What if customer needed access to cPanel (may be limited). Can you add limited users to cPanel ?
              If ou are the reseller, in your whm you can create different feature packages for different products and clients.

Comment

The WHM is easy to manage and I like the fact you can just send your customer the cpanel details and they'll never know about the WHM or anything.

Comment

Working...
                X