Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call a dinosaur with one eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call a dinosaur with one eye?

*blah blah blah*

*spam spam spam*

*espop is a dirty big spammer*
    Last edited by clivejo; 23-11-2016, 11:46 PM.

I know, I know, Doyouthinkhesarus !!!

BYE BYE Mr Joking Spammer

Comment

Wow...that one was creative. And he even managed to put his own name into it, LOL!

Comment

The sad thing about it is that I think that these posts are being posted by real people, paid to do it

This spammer came from Dhaka, Bangladesh. The security on the forum is very tight, and requires you to be a human of some sort, so it looks like someone is hiring spammers to post on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          The sad thing about it is that I think that these posts are being posted by real people, paid to do it

This spammer came from Dhaka, Bangladesh. The security on the forum is very tight, and requires you to be a human of some sort, so it looks like someone is hiring spammers to post on forums.
          I'll go along with that.. logical too. Probably works well on forums that don't have active moderators... Kinda got to think about it.. if you pay someone to post 100,000 and only 50% of them get moderated as spam that's still 50,000 legit hand posted backlinks for google ranking and the direct traffic from the backlinks... Would not want your job clivejo, by the math its a losing battle unless you cut hyperlinks totally from the forum or approved by moderation only... manually moderating a boatload of posts with hyperlinks is time consuming.
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 25-11-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
            Would not want your job clivejo, by the math its a losing battle unless you cut hyperlinks totally from the forum or approved by moderation only... manually moderating a boatload of posts with hyperlinks is time consuming.
            There seems to be a massive spam attack going on at the moment, I have literally banned about 200+ usernames in the past few weeks. Almost every new sign up is a spammer!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post

Almost every new sign up is a spammer!
              That is crazy clivejo... does the forum software have the feature to like disable hyperlinking until you reach a certain level of membership? IE, I'm a senior member, can you disable hyperlinking for members until they reach the level of senior member for example? I'm sure you wouldn't want to set it that high, but if you can set that feature to be only active above the junior level it might discourage spammers

Comment

I don't think it would work, they'll still post spam, just minus the hyperlinks. As i said, I think these are real people!

Comment

Can the hyperlinks in the forum be scripted differently for junior members? For example script in 'nofollow' for links posted by junior members and 'dofollow' for full and senior members etc

Then advertise this fact on the forum to deter spammers posting for link building.

Just a thought.

Comment

Mad as a box of frogs!

Comment

Working...
                    X