Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing

Just thought I'd see what everyone else is doing as far as marketing...

What's worked? What hasn't? Where are you currently marketing? Is there a certain kind of customer you find yourself picking up?

First thing I did was submit to search engines... Then I did a websearch on dmoz for hosting directories and submitted to everyone of those I could find, even if they were ppc but allowed a free listing. Submitting to a ppc engine for free may seem like a waste of time but its still a link back to your site that google, msn and yahoo will count. Its time consuming but I do see some traffic from the hosting directories...

Comment

anyone else?

Anyone else care to comment?

Comment

Simple SEO..

I tend to pick a market and SEO for the marketing I am targeting. Much like any website I run you have to pick a target market and market torwards that area.

Comment

Aywhere and everywhere. However, one can't just drag a customer in kicking and screaming anymore. People are much more wary these days, and most are not going to purchase something on the internet these days without knowing who they are, why they are and what they will be doing tomorrow. For the most part as far as web host marketing is concerned, one may have to consider local face to face contacts. That'll give you good practice on what to say, how to say it and what questions will come up time and time again.

As far as online marketing, saturation, a clean look and straight forward design and audience anticipation will indeed give one the winning edge.

Originally posted by WebHoster
          Just thought I'd see what everyone else is doing as far as marketing...

What's worked? What hasn't? Where are you currently marketing? Is there a certain kind of customer you find yourself picking up?

Comment

Your thoughts are very insightful.

Comment

Any one else wants to share their thoughts on this?

Comment

Spinning SEO

I believe that your bad experience is your good teacher. I also have learned that we should focused on the quality of our Blog rather then the income and then time comes when you start earning from your blog!!

Comment

I didn't understand your question on marketing and follow-up comments.IF you talk about online marketing than i think you already involve it..

Comment

Working...
                  X