Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Quite disappointed with the Forum - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite disappointed with the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite disappointed with the Forum

I have been with RSP for a number of years and would not consider going somewhere else. In the past this forum has provided me with invaluable information, insight, and entertainment. There were many users that provided so much information that helped my business become a success. I miss many of them, such as web girl, resellersresller, both Daniels, Tarek, Novahost, Milen, and many others.

Sometimes we did get into arguments but I think we still remained friends. Now, unfortunately instead of being a source of information and debate it has degenerated into spam, spamvertizing, and general nonsense. There is so few posts asking for assistance and providing information that my interest in the forum has dwindled to near zero.

I would hope the administrators would take a more active look at the posts and start deleting or banning those that continuously use the forum for spamming and back linking to their pitiful sites. Louisa, are you listening? Lately more than half of posts are drug up from years past and copied and pasted to new posts just for spamming purposes.

To all you spammers out there...You are ruining a great forum. One that was entertaining and informative. What a bunch of self serving *****s you are. MaryD, simpsonfimmons, keronjerry, and so many others. People like you should be denied access to the entire internet.

Agree 100%!

Comment

Amen to that.

WE can ALL send the mods a note everytime we see spam.
      Click on the I in the triangle symbol in the right hand heading of each post to inform the mods of spam or prue ****.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2011, 02:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I agree completely. I rarely post anymore because...well...there's nothing to post about, lol. I still come here every day to check the forums but there's never anything here worth replying to. I do wholeheartedly agree about the spammers. They really need to go.

In all honesty, though, my hosting business never really did get off the ground. I had purchased a cpanel plan with the hope of getting a good custom website set up with all the proper settings and all, but the last person I actually PAID to do a complete custom site (images for hosting plans and all that stuff we see now) site screwed me over (unfortunately for me, this has happened to me more than once) and never finished the job, and I never got a refund, which has made me very reluctant, if at all, to bother trying a custom website again.

If I actually had faith someone would actually finish the job, I'd have been up and running already but I've been screwed over more than enough to bother trying at this point.

All I really wanted was a hosting website that combines all the features of the templates (save the videos and stuff, as I'm sure they can't really be transferred), and has shades of white and blue and maybe a little little red. I've tried looking for templates and all of that but never really found a multi-page one that worked for me. I'd build the site myself except for the fact that I can't build websites for the life of me, and I don't want to use the templates because they look too similar to what a lot of others here use.

I also can't find anyone who will make a site for me that I feel won't screw me over in the end, so you can pretty easily see my dilemma. Everything but the site is basically set up, LOL. But still, if anyone actually DOES have the time is actually will build a complete, multi-page site and not screw me over like a few other people did that I used to be friends with, I'd gladly pay for it (thats assuming I even had anywhere near the 150-300 bucks it would cost, lol). Anyway yeah, I think I'm done ranting now, LOL!

Comment

I sympathize with you Nova-Host, but I believe that you should learn to make your own websites. I'm not being critical here, I've been where you are. You cannot rely on web hosting to make money. The money is in web design.

I have around 22 accounts that host with me, but none of these came about from selling web hosting. They host with me because I sold them web design services and they had to have web hosting to go along with it. So who also sell hosting?

Now, the first website I ever created was with Microsoft Publisher and it showed. I was proud of it but when a forum member, ResellersReseller saw it he really tore into me critically. It sure bruised my feelings but he was right. I had a lot to learn. I did sell a couple of web sites using SiteStudio sometime later. My clients were happy but I was not. I wanted to do more.

I took a web design course at my local community college that stressed the use of DreamWeaver. I was able to purchase the student version at a reasonable price and several versions later I still use DreamWeaver as my primary development tool.

However, today there are many other options that are available to you. There is Joomla, websitebaker, and others that you can use and are free. It just takes some time to get to learn how to use them. Some that I mentioned are readily available in your control panel. You can make very professional looking websites with those tools. Install them and try them out, the only investment you will have is your time.

By the way, you didn't need to purchase a cpanel plan at all. A simple business plan from your own reseller store would have been more than adequate. Even a starter plan would work, but you would probably need to host more than one domain name so I would recommend the business plan. I personally have the Corporate plan since I host numerous websites for clients directly from my own plan. Keeps my costs low and I still charge them for hosting.

So, to close, it isn't that hard to learn website design and sell web design services and integrate that with your hosting. Make upfront money with the design and residual income from hosting.

Best Regards

Comment

I'm still kinda new here. I found the older posts very informative that's why I keep digging but once I dug, her comes the newly registered users that will post nonsense I know you all once build a great community here, hope it will retain...

Comment

I have 13 customers plus 2 of my own sites. I have had 27 customers that come and go. I even have a customer in Hong Kong. I did it by not making much money on each site and designing web pages for non-profits using Joomla. Speaking of which Resellers needs to update to php 5.2.4+ but that's another discussion.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by annejones143 View Post
                I'm still kinda new here. I found the older posts very informative that's why I keep digging but once I dug, her comes the newly registered users that will post nonsense I know you all once build a great community here, hope it will retain...

I'm new here and i rarely see spammers.. so, i guess they've done something about it..

Comment

We certainly have!!

Comment

And a great job vlasi I do miss all the old schoolers Every one of you Stealthy saw you post couple times so I know you lurkin but i miss the head knowledge everyone used to post. It was like going to school again for those who wanted to ask questions and learn. I sure hope everyone comes back.

Comment

We did have some lively discussions in the past, didn't we?

Comment

ResellersPanel Forum

Hello,

I have read vlasi47gr's post and I must agree (as much as would not want to) that Resellers Panel's forum has lost his original shine.
                        Rest assured I will make everything that is within my power to get it back to its formal glory!

Hopefully in a very short period of time you guys will all come to enjoy the forum as you used to!

On behalf of Resellers Panel I would like to apologize for neglecting the forum for so long and I promise you, we will get this forum back on its feet.

Best Regards
                        Yan Ashton
                        Sales Department Manager

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                          And a great job vlasi I do miss all the old schoolers Every one of you Stealthy saw you post couple times so I know you lurkin but i miss the head knowledge everyone used to post. It was like going to school again for those who wanted to ask questions and learn. I sure hope everyone comes back.
                          I hear ya, this forum used to be hoppin a few years back and worth checking daily. Now I just check back every few months or so, when my spirits move me.

Comment

Logged in to the forum today and was pleasantly surprised. Quite a number of new posts with good questions and good dialogue. Best I've seen in quite a while and I visit here almost daily.

Comment

Same here. I'm just new. I didn't even know that this forum was quite few months back.

Comment

Working...
                              X