This is interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is interesting

The playing field has leveled out some it seems... I know we don't normally use company names in the forum but this is useful.... Hostgator does not offer free domains with their hosting plans anymore..... New plans now get a "discounted" .com domain registration @ a whopping $12.95, The regular registration price for renewals is $15.00 a year.... Thought some resellers could use this information for marketing
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 16-06-2014, 07:24 AM.

Godaddy also charges more for renewals than registration. They suck you in with discounted registration the first year then charge more for renewals. Their current pricing is $13.17 for the first year and $15.17 to renew. They advertise 12.99 and 14.99 but then they add on 0.18 icann fee. They also charge even higher prices if you register a domain name for longer than one year.

Comment

I am noticing that utube ads seem to be advertising them a lot recently, with the slogan "Get started Today, for only a penny!" It seems by the time you add in features the most of us get as standard here at RSP the price is far, far away from one penny!! But I guess that's the trick, get them in the door and start loading their credit card with "extras".

But saying that one thing we could learn from is the simple, easy to use order form and very minimal information website. Sometimes I think we might be ramming too much information into customers faces, I dunno just a thought!

Comment

one of the things we've been unhappy with in our dealing with "them" is the "Spamalot" approach they use during their check-out process and being constantly bombarded. I don't like it personally but hate that our customers (there) are subjected to it... the credibility reflects on our brand (there).

Comment

The checkout process doesn't peeve me too much (as long as it's kept at a reasonable level) businesses have to make money and that is the time to make it with a impulse sale... but upselling to me on a support ticket, chat or phone call would be a deal breaker within 30 seconds.... I'd take the loss and move to a different provider.....

Comment

Looks like providers are throwing out huge discounts recently. The way things are, I'm kind of liking it.

Comment

Working...
            X