Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, it's only got a 4mp camera?

Comment

Yav, I read some reviews on the m8 for windows phone.... its actually got better hardware specs than the lumia Icon except for the camera. The screen would be by preference but by no means shabby. I like Amoiled screens and the m8 does not have that. The camera would be the deal breaker for me on that phone....

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
        Never again will I go HTC sorry... Had one Hero ages ago had to change display 4 time. Had one recently HTC X One PLus or X plus one whatever screen began to have yellow streaks whenever CPU started heating so no... I had all bad experience with HTC they are cheap phones with cheap plastic and apparently lousy screens.
        Agreed! I had a HTC Desire on a contract with O2. The touch screen just stopped working for no reason. I kept sending it back to be repaired but same problem over and over. In the end I had a huge falling out with O2. I was a O2 customer since it was launched in the UK in 2001, when it was called Genie! In the end they cancelled my contract and gave me a Galaxy S2 as a goodwill gesture. I'm no longer with O2 but I really loved my S2, it was my baby!! It is still about somewhere, just needs a new battery. Depending on the specs of the S6, it will probably be my next purchase.

Comment

i don't have a smart phone... my LG is merely clever.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r

Genie ?! I thought it was called BT Cellnet ? Or BT wireless or smth.

The company originated as a collection of worldwide telecommunications companies, known in the later half of the 1990s as BT Wireless, and a global mobile data business known then as Genie Internet, both subsidiaries of British Telecommunications.

Source : Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telef%C3%B3nica_Europe)
            It was called Genie in 1999/2000 when I first joined, which became O2 Online and then became O2. Genie run on top of the BT Cellnet network, which later became O2!!

Things came to a head in late 2011 when I noticed my number was appearing in my website log files! I rang O2 customer services to ask why they where leaking my number to every website I visited. They told me I was imagining it and O2 would never give out my number. Shortly after that I started getting a flood of spam text messages from betting tips to pet insurance!! O2 kept denying it and then I found a press release - http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/o2-fixes...lains-muck-up/ In the end I had to get a new number, after having the previous one for over ten years!

My current network, GiffGaff, uses the O2 network. I think O2 owns or part owns GiffGaff as well, but it is "run" by a community, so no lying, promise breaking call centre staff to deal with!!
            Last edited by clivejo; 07-12-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

worse than bellsouth mobiity which became at&t all 3 corners considered... wow. we are worried of windows mobile making a presence?
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 08-12-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                Wow, it's only got a 4mp camera?
                Yes, but did you see my photo samples in an earlier post in this thread? Megapixels don't even matter. Trust me. Still one of my favorite smartphone cameras.

Comment

So on HTC I will grant you that their hardware used to be complete **** up until the HTC One M7 (the original aluminum One released in 2013). I owned several older HTC's as well and experienced similar terrible issues. But their newer hardware is on point. HTC One M8 is an absolute great piece of hardware - even beats out the iPhone 6 Plus, 4S, and 3GS (my other three all-time hardware favorites) in my book.

Comment

That was 6 years ago, the battery is long gone as is the phone!! As well as Cyanogen CM!!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                      Well as I know where I am and the mobile signal is rubbish here, I rarely use either of those features, so with a 25% increase in battery life I'm a happy camper! Apparently GPS and mobile data will be fixed soon, so Ill run more tests then, but its looking good

Nice demo of Lollipop here - <removed spammers link>
                      Hey, I have plans to test the Alpha this Weekend. Are you using this ROM: Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Brought to you by AntaresOne I will test it on my S4.
                      Last edited by clivejo; 02-07-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Nice try you dirty spammer, you are the weakest link, good bye!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X