Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5.7

Just curious,
    How many of you are using php 5.7 and what resullts are you having with it.... My wordpress load times are Excellent 3.15 sec off pingdom

Cough *Edit*
    After an hour my WP reseller site quit displaying content totally, even in the admin backend. latest WP version. Dunno the reason so reverted back to 5.6 and everything back to normal.
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 10-01-2015, 08:53 PM.

That's a strange one! I thought I read that WP runs fine on PHP5.7

Comment

Apparently it doesn't, LOL!

Comment

I find it odd that the config run "exellent" for about an hour before failing. I also know that Mr Donerite has a lot of plugin's installed, I wonder if this is a compatiblity problem with a plugin rather than PHP 5.7.

Mr Donerite, do you have a caching plugin installed?

Comment

Sure do clivejo I have the latest update of W3 Total Cache installed. I also run an older version 1.3.0 of the rsp plugin for partial funtionality of jetpack and funtionality of the yoast seo plugin. I could live without jetpack I only use it for quick site stats but yoast seo I find highly useful.

I had actually wrote this off as running an older version of the rsp plugin and was hoping someone would chime in running php 5.7 with the new update of rsp plugin with some success.

I will try again later today and disable all plugins except the rsp plugin.

Comment

I used to use PHP 5.7 (aka PHPNG), for my wordpress, but the load time is more than using 5.4.

And cannot use memcached and APC as well.

Some content might not properly display.

RSP wordpress plugin totally not functioning, cannot sync data.

End up I gave up and reverted back to 5.4.

Comment

Thats what I thought.... have not had time to try it with no plugins enabled but rsp yet....

wjleong, I'm on shared hosting and just tried the new update for 5.7 and I believe I saw support for memcached and APC there.... I had tried 5.7 a month or so back and apc / memcached selections were not there back then. Strangely it worked then but reversed the the order of my top menu for the wp reseller theme I use so i rolled back

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                Thats what I thought.... have not had time to try it with no plugins enabled but rsp yet....

wjleong, I'm on shared hosting and just tried the new update for 5.7 and I believe I saw support for memcached and APC there.... I had tried 5.7 a month or so back and apc / memcached selections were not there back then. Strangely it worked then but reversed the the order of my top menu for the wp reseller theme I use so i rolled back

You mean 5.7 can use apc and memcache in your case?

I used shared hosting enterprise plan. But it doesn't work. I tried I think >3 months ago.

Btw, CPU load time is higher in 5.7 compared to 5.4.

I run about 11 wordpress (I separate the category into subdomain and run wordpress independently, cause even tried wordpress MU, but unknown error led to whole site down, so separate it), in php 5.7 CPU always 12-25%, but in 5.4 only 5-7%.

I'll maintain 5.4 until more comments on 5.7 and good results hear.

Comment

Working...
                X