No announcement yet.

I declare!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on..so you wont be translating to Chinese? Where's the logic in that? Is China not the most populated country on the face of the earth right now? Seems a bit weird to ignore their language altogether. Unless I'm somehow missing something here?

Comment

@Tom

I have to agree with Nova... That is cutting out one heck of a lot of customers out of the loop in the country specific google searches, population numbers of a country do not lie... plus what about the resellers that advertise and market to china... I believe one offered his time to do the translation...

Kinda puzzled on this move..

Comment

Donerite, you have pretty much just nailed my point home! Not translating to Chinese is a bad idea, the biggest population on the planet! Someone even offered to do it for you so the devs don't have to! VERY BIG MISTAKE, RSP!

Comment

I'm speechless now. Chinese widely used in China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore. Total population is over 13 billions... @Tom, if RSP change the mind, please do let me know, I'm always here to help.

Comment

I doubt they will, since revealing that little fact about the lack of Chinese translation they've been remarkably silent on the issue.

Comment

Yeah @Nova-Host, I guess they have fewer clients from Chinese speaking community and probably a lots of scammer/fraud from China.

Comment

*holds up a white flag*

RSP is based in the UK and USA, both countries have English as primary language. To support other languages would be a huge undertaking, and once you start down that path you cant back out easily.

The problem here, in my own opinion, is that if you have a reseller site in a particular language selling a service, the customer will then think its local and expect technical support in their local language as well. To offer support in other languages would just be too expensive. I do agree that the Chinese market is potentially huge. But to enter that market you need a good solid foundation and to offer support / billing in the local language/currency.

I also think thatwjleong hits on a very important note too. The fact is a LOT of abuse comes from China. This tends to point to laxed control by the authorities (who may even be supporting it) in those countries, meaning for a foreign company to do business there would be very difficult indeed.

Comment

LOL!!!! hehe on the white flag clivejo, cute

I understand what you are saying clivejo about providing the support in different languages... but isn't the control panel itself translated into Chinese as a advertising method to that section of the world? Whats the difference in translating the site itself then? I dont care what country you are located in, the scammers and spammers and hackers are there, they are everywhere.... thats why rsp already has a tight verification process in place when purchasing services.... So what do you do, leave legit customers in china out in the cold?

Personally, I hope that RSP reconsiders this decision but I'm not at war LMAO!!

PS, guess we need to add a white flag smilie to the smilie list hehe!!
                  As a personal note... when half the worlds population is located in one country then yep its gonna have a higher percentage of abuse than any other country... thats just logic and math... Other countries just do not have the population numbers to be a comparison there....
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 01-02-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on this Yav, Lol I got carried away on that one, my apologies.....

Any teasers on the sitebuilder Yav? Something to make the mouth water?

Comment

Yeah, I might have gotten a little carried away there, LOL! Still, I see your point about the reseller you mentioned yav. And that is awesome news about the new site builder. Can't wait to hear more about it down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
                        I know for a fact a Chinese reseller specialized in the Chinese market ONLY, using default template having more than a thousand active VPS packages.
                        WOW!

It would be great if this reseller could share his success formula with fellow RSP resellers. Or just me - lol

Comment

Oh yea Index.... be nice That a monthly payout there....

Comment

Wow, he/she will be busying in counting money every month

Comment

I'll join Index in salute

Comment

Working...
                              X