Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Technical Preview Who's Running It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Technical Preview Who's Running It?

Just curious, I got it installed in a VM on osx.... seems to be a pretty solid OS already....

After reading the T&C which basically giving M$ access to everything you type, not a chance!!

The interwebs were abuzz on Monday over concerns about the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy of Microsoft's newly released, not-even-beta-yet OS, with some sites going as far as to claim that Windows 10 comes with a "built-in keylogger" to watch users' every move.

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10...ta_collection/

Comment

No worse than big brother google lol!!
      All Puns aside, here is a pretty good explaination of what's going on with this "keylogging" in the preview clivejo... It's not quite what people think and will not be there after the OS RTM's...

Last edited by doneritehosting; 28-01-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I am running Windows 10 and I hate those constant updates not allowing me switch on my lap top on when deadline for same day essay is expiring with each and every minute.
        The worst is updates can't be switched off: Big Brother's watching you!
        Last edited by clivejo; 28-10-2016, 01:17 AM. Reason: Removing spam link

Comment

Originally posted by JillBirkholz View Post
          I am running Windows 10 and I hate those constant updates not allowing me switch on my lap top on when deadline for same day essay is expiring with each and every minute.
          The worst is updates can't be switched off: Big Brother's watching you!
          Upgrade to Pro to control updates... Also I do believe if you do a little searching on trusty ole google there are some registry hacks that will allow you to control updates in home edition. I don't recommend this, I personally do not like registry hacks

​Other than that updates are only supposed to install during hours you do not use your computer IE when you sleep. Take 10 sec a day to check to see if a update is scheduled, if it is just do not turn off your laptop that night and leave it charging. Its really simple as that.

​Other than the above, if you are on insider, bail out and stay on a release version, you will get basicly 1 cumulative update a month I believe.
          Last edited by clivejo; 28-10-2016, 01:17 AM. Reason: Removing spam link

Comment

Working...
          X