Data center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data center?

Something caught my eye yesterday, there are now only 3 data center options but I could have sworn there were still 4 the last time I looked (which was 2-3 weeks ago)...

What happened to the Pionen data center being an option?

please search before open a new thread.

RSP had informed this few months ago.

Comment

The Swedish data centre experienced a lot of performance issues and RSP cancelled the contract with Pionen. That's almost 6 months ago

I think it was mentioned in the news section too, as pointed out by wjleong
      Last edited by clivejo; 07-01-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Wow.... Must have just been seeing things then, I probably just overlooked it and thought there were 4 displayed still

Comment

Easily done! Did you have any accounts using the Swedish DC?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
            Easily done! Did you have any accounts using the Swedish DC?
            No, all mine were on the US one.

Is the UK or AU data center any better? I'm about to move my reseller site to Wordpress and am looking at which Data Center I will choose. Suggestions?

Comment

I only use the UK one and it seems to be very stable *touch wood*

Comment

i used to host in uk, but the speed quite slow as most of my visitors are from Malaysia, so us and au seems better.

it's all depends on your target visitors and where they are coming from, the nearest, the faster the site load to them. of course, this is only one of the factors of site load.

Comment

I moved my site to WP using the UK data center... And I must say, I'm more impressed by it than my (well, clients that I run the site for) accounts using the US data center

Thanks for the suggestions clivejo & wjleong

Comment

I wonder what the AU data centre is like? Anyone got an account there?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                      I wonder what the AU data centre is like? Anyone got an account there?

why rsp did not provide the test file for each data center, so that we can test the speed etc ?

i've suggested this matter few months/years ago, and seems rsp read my post but i can't recall which post it was.

if we have the test file, we might know how au dc by mean of speed.

refer to properstatus, au dc seems to be quite ok, as rarely notice any issue.

correct me, if i'm wrong.

Last edited by wjleong; 26-01-2013, 02:52 AM. Reason: found the post

Comment

Data center?

I feel you need to make just served as finding points next, I most likely simply overlooked this can and then felt presently there were 4 exhibited even now

Comment

OK guys this is a honest response to ur question. UK datacenter is the best. Had the wild idea to try out the AU datacenter hosted a client's VPS over in there and god i will be regretting the decision for the rest of my life!!

The connection is very unstable. It goes from total network outage to back to normal in 5 mins, sometimes it takes 20 mins for the network outage to be restored. For the last 24 hrs that the VPS was hosted the uptime is 92.47% (Measured by monitor.us check the attachment for more proof)

Had a hard time trying to convince the support team that there's indeed a problem. Thankfully have with their help migrated the VPS to the trusty old UK Datacenter, hopefully things will be fine now.

Comment

• clivejo
                            clivejo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I guess it depends where the majority of visitors to the site are based. If they are in Australia then it is probably fast for them.
                        Working...
                        X