Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GetStarted Hosting or Private DNS Cluster......Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GetStarted Hosting or Private DNS Cluster......Which is better?

Hi everyone. I'm confused. Which is better?. Should I get the private DNS cluster with wordpress themes(Private DNS1 or Private DNS2) or just get a regular hosting plan(Getmore or Getstarted)???

I prefer to have a dns cluster with my accounts.... The free hosting plan for wordpress reseller themes that is included with a DNS cluster purchase is a great way to start and if you need more resources you can always upgrade your free hosting plan on the fly from hespia in the future almost instantly..... Even if you choose to use the storemaster theme I would recommend a DNS cluster to go along with it.

My 2 cents lol...

Good Luck and welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks for the quick response @doneritehosting. Why do you recommend it?......What are some advantages of having the DNS cluster?...thanks

Comment

The DNS cluster allows you to brand the services your store offers. For example, your customers will use branded dns records ie dns.mybrand.net and also can use branded mail server ie mail.mybrand.net. You can also make use of the subdomains such as members.mybrand.net and webmail.mydrand.net.

All of which cement your brand in your customers mind. Also another good idea is to use your branded website as a portal, basically provide a simple form to allow them to access their webmail and control panels from your branded website. This way they are seeing your brand all the time and you might be able to interest them in offers by placing them next to key areas of your site.

Comment

clivejo is spot on. If you are going to rely on online marketing and sales, branding is important..

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. .... so whats the difference between getting DNS 1, DNS 2 or DNS 3........Which one should i get?

Comment

From the site:

We offer 3 packages – Private DNS 1 (with 2 shared IPs), Private DNS 2 (with 1 shared IP and 1 dedicated IP), and Private DNS 3 (with 2 dedicated IPs).

Comment

Actually I have not read any literature as to the differences between the 3 except improved security..... maybe someone here can give some more information.. I do know that even if you take P-DNS1 with the free wordpress plan setup you can set your email up off your own name servers and email is then managed off the hosting account itself..... A big plus in my opinion..

Comment

Basically if you do a reverse lookup of the IP with a shared IP you may get a different domain! I guess the difference is how keen you are to keep up the brand. As iads states there are 3 packages.

With the 1st package, you get 2 shared IP's which means a reverse lookup will most probably return a strange domain.

The 2nd package is like a compromise. The primary IP will be dedicated and will return your domain as reverse lookup. Usually when people are doing lookups they only tend to lookup the primary. The secondary is a shared IP and as a "backup" could easily be explained if it returns a strange domain.

The 3rd package is all bells and whistles, 2 dedicated IP's which will reverse lookup to your domain. This should offer the best anonymity for resellers.

But of course if you know enough about about these things, there are always ways of finding out who is really behind a domain or IP.
                  Last edited by clivejo; 27-02-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                    Basically if you do a reverse lookup of the IP with a shared IP you may get a different domain! I guess the different is how keen you are to keep up the brand. As iads states there are 3 packages.

The 3rd package is all bells and whistles, 2 dedicated IP's which will reverse lookup to your domain. This should offer the best anonymity for resellers.
                    If someone from RSP verifies this I'm interested in upgrading mine.

But of course if you know enough about about these things, there are always ways of finding out who is really behind a domain or IP.
                    True, no getting out of that, but there are plenty of fish out there that do not know this and if you get enough +1 reviews you may catch a smart fish or 2 along the way

Comment

Mr Donerite, any of the online tools can show you who shares an IP. For example, go here - http://sameip.net/

type in your name server, which is usually ns1.yourbrand.net

It will list other brands sharing that IP.

Comment

Right on... A dedicated IP on the hosting account itself helps

Comment

Working...
                        X