US Department of Education Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Department of Education Notice

I am over 50 years of age, and today I got a notice from the US Department of Education that not only are my student loans finally, and fully paid off, but I have a credit coming back for over payment. I even called them to verify because I thought that it was some kind of scam. I'm doing the happy dance!!!

congratulations! nice to see that you are 1 out of the 10 that actually pays your loan back and are not the other 90 percent that obama would like to release from their debt just because they wont get off their lazy *** and find a job. lol. have a good one and congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

I am really not well aware of the Student loans, but paying it for 25 years and what tomtwo said... damn, it sounds hard.

Best Regards,
      Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post

I am really not well aware of the Student loans, but paying it for 25 years and what tomtwo said... damn, it sounds hard.
        Tom, the President is trying to stop that. In the USA right now unless you are rich or really smart (scholarships), you must take out loans in order to get through college. Because the Republicans are sending most good paying jobs overseas, a college degree is a necessity to work in the USA and make a good living. Our President is trying to make it so that you don't have to sell your soul to the devil in order to get through school.

To paraphrase:
        - "Why do you pay for other people to attend school for free?"
        - "Simple, I don't want to live in a world full of stupid people."

PS: Right now US Law says that he only two debts that can not be written off or forgiven are government taxes and student loan... your wages will be garnished.

Comment

Working...
        X