New site and marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site and marketing

We've just started as a reseller here and also want to just say hello and hope everyone doesn't mind sharing tips and info about the reseller business. We will do the same when we can.

Looking forward to being a reseller and sharing ideas,
    Chef
    Last edited by Chef; 16-09-2007, 04:52 PM.

I think your prices are a little too much. I know that you want to make money but that is pushing it. What you should also do is make some custom plans. See on my hosting site http://www.cheatfusionhosting.net I offer 6 plans. And I do not over charge. I want the prices to be affordable for all types of webmasters.

Comment

Chef,

A good thing you can do is to start adding your site into some hosting directories - it is working great for me and it brings good startup traffic.
      Last week I added my site to http://host-dome.com/ and since then I have 3 sales made from that directory referrers. They also offered a life time partner link inclusion for just $25 one time payment and I think I am gonna go for the offer

cheers !

Comment

sorry man just another template site...

Comment

@phphoster, thanks for that great tip.

will is right Chef, you should create a custom store site. I think your prices are alright.

Comment

I third the custom site, it'll allow you to hide the RSP side of things to an even greater level.

As for your prices, if you feel that you can confidently sell at that price then i wish you many sales. At the end of the day it jsut comes down to the particular niche that you plan on selling to.

Comment

Originally posted by cheatfusion View Post
              I think your prices are a little too much. I know that you want to make money but that is pushing it. What you should also do is make some custom plans. See on my hosting site http://www.cheatfusionhosting.net I offer 6 plans. And I do not over charge. I want the prices to be affordable for all types of webmasters.
              FYI, his pricing is not too much, and your pricing is not affordable but too "cheap". This is called overselling and your user will be suspended for using too much of resources like cpu and ram usage.

BTW, a RSP template site is not impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by cheatfusion View Post
                See on my hosting site http://www.cheatfusionhosting.net I offer 6 plans. And I do not over charge. I want the prices to be affordable for all types of webmasters.
                HEy cheatfusion,
                Your misspelled Industry plan doesn't fit well when compared with the Enterprise plan... more space and transfer but less domains and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                  HEy cheatfusion,
                  Your misspelled Industry plan doesn't fit well when compared with the Enterprise plan... more space and transfer but less domains and everything else.
                  Do you think your clients can use as much features without overloading the resource usage and get suspended by RSP?

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
                    Do you think your clients can use as much features without overloading the resource usage and get suspended by RSP?
                    From what I hear you're right. I would not try to create a plan larger than the enterprise, it's already pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                      From what I hear you're right. I would not try to create a plan larger than the enterprise, it's already pushing it.
                      To be frank, the Enterprise plan is ridiculous.
                      How many Enterprise accounts can you fit in a server?

Comment

Most people won't use all the disk space and bandwidth so you could theoretically place a slew of Enterprise accounts onto one server. To get an exact number, you would need to average the disk space & bandwidth usage for those under that plan. My clients average about 600MB of disk space and 4000MB bandwidth.

Comment

They'd probably hit the file cap long before then. I use the corporate plan personally, and I can barely fit the concept designs i do for clients on them. Sometimes i have to back up one site just to get another done.

That has been my major stumbling block. I never worry about the space as i only use around 2% space capacity, but 50,000 files??? surely this could either be upped to 500,000 or removed completely?

Comment

What if someone is succesful of filling up all those space and bandwidth without breaking any clause in the TOS? Are you gonna do this business at loss or are you gonna kick them out and gain yourself a bad reputation?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              They'd probably hit the file cap long before then. I use the corporate plan personally, and I can barely fit the concept designs i do for clients on them. Sometimes i have to back up one site just to get another done.

That has been my major stumbling block. I never worry about the space as i only use around 2% space capacity, but 50,000 files??? surely this could either be upped to 500,000 or removed completely?
                              Hey yeah I remember some talk of this a few years ago and it was one of my concerns too. 50,000 files is so easy to hit the an custom application I built and then scrapped.

What if someone is succesful of filling up all those space and bandwidth without breaking any clause in the TOS? Are you gonna do this business at loss or are you gonna kick them out and gain yourself a bad reputation?
                              I think RP is willing to take a loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X