A fresh idea and a new beginning v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fresh idea and a new beginning v2.0

Ok people, quite sometime ago I posted the thread "A fresh idea and a new beginning" and proposed an idea to all of you that would have us working together instead of competing. Unfortunately because of the way life works sometimes I have been unable to put anytime or effort into any of my online ideas. However, all of those things have changed and I am now back and ready to pursue this among the many ideas I have.

Initially the response to my idea was very poor, and I think part of that was my fault (perhaps I didn't make myself clear). But as with many things in life time has a way of changing things and when I came back I noticed that many more people are interested in this idea, and as such I would like to propose it again.

Below you will find the original idea (in bold). The only thing I will add to this idea is that I want this to be a group effort. I don't have any clue how all the specifics will work. What I do know is that I have a good idea and that I need those who are interested to get together, work together and find a solution that works for all of us.

So, for those of you that are interested please send me your email address so that I may contact everyone easily at the same time. I will email everyone who responds two weeks from today. I know that seems like a lot of time, but I want to make sure that everybody has a chance to see this new post and contact me.

Also, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me an email.

Original Message Below:

Ok, first of all I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this idea but I'm gonna give it a shot and if you guys feel the need to move it go ahead.

Let me first give you a little background on me so you know where I am coming from with this idea. I work as a Junior Systems Admin for a very large webhosting company here in the states, we currently have roughly 100,000 customers it's a good job and pays well. However, it doesn't pay enough and I am currently trying to start a company of my own and RSP is what I have decided to use for the hosting portion of my business. Let me also say that RSP's actual hosting and tech support is far supierior to the hosting company that I work for and I know this because I started in tech support and got promoted to my current position - so way to go RSP. Now that you know a little about me let me explain my idea.

I know may resellers here at RSP are successful but there is one thing that seems to keep a lot of people from being as successful as they could be. That one thing is competition. The resellers here at RSP are basically the "David's" of the world up agianst guys like GoDaddy.com who are the "Goliath's" in the hosting industry. In my opinion (and it should be worth something since I do consider myself an industry insider to an extent) RSP has supierior customer support, pricing, reliability and better actual equipment than most hosts. RSP has provided us with all the tools to be successful except one - advertising dollars. Most very large web-hosts pay for their customers through advertising in such a way that the "David's" can't compete. For example I can compete with any major host out there with what RSP has given me in terms of pricing and tech-support and the such but I can't get the same amount of traffic the other hosts get because I don't have the coin to pay for it. Well this is where my idea comes in.

Many of the successfuly hosts here at RSP find niche markets to advertise too which is a double edged sword. The advertising is no where near as expensive but they are limiting themselves in the number of potential customers they can attain. So, my idea is this, what if the resellers here at RSP were to somehow band together behind a single site where by we could all share in the advertising expenses and also share in the profits as well? I don't have enough firm numbers to graphically represent exactly how I think this would work so I will give the best example that I can.

The best example that I can think of is a mutual fund. A bunch of people pull what money they have together to buy stocks, the stocks are purchased and over time the individual is the winner while the risk is also very low. I am looking to do something similar here at RSP. We (RSP resellers) build a single site but we pull together our advertising money and expertise to make a profit and then the profit gets split between all the "investors". This enables us to take very little risk individually but over time the returns could be huge!

Of course something like this would need several different people to do several different things. We would need people to help design the site (the templates just won't do for something like this), we would need honest individuals to track and handle the money so everybody gets a proportianate amount of the profit compared to what they invested. And obviously we would need people that know how to advertise and where.

This is an idea that I think could be hugely successful if done right and what I am looking for is others that might be interested in giving this a shot with me. So, now after that very long winded post let me hear your suggestions and thoughts and lets see if this is something that we can do!
    Last edited by Ashuva; 12-06-2008, 07:59 PM.

Hopefully you'll still have my pm's. Im still interested in this

Comment

Yeah,I think this idea work.Pm me more details or your contact please.

Comment

same issues as before i think. You need a lawyer o draw up an official company with every contributor listed. You can't do this kin of thing wih just smeone hadnling the money this is how people get ripped off. Im out ill do it with my own company

Comment

Whatever happened with this?

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread, but im bored hahaha

It's more than likely died off due to lack of interest. Which is a shame because it was a really good idea.

Comment

Yeah it did...

Yeah it did die off. I could never seem to get enough people interested in figuring out how to overcome the obstacles associated with the idea. I'd still like to try to do the idea if we can get enough interest and people involved. I'm a can do type person, but the idea calls for more similar minded people.
              Last edited by Ashuva; 18-12-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great idea!

Comment

Thanks for the fresh ideas and new starting, I liked that!

Comment

whats up with the new beginning? does this work out?

Comment

Working...
                    X