a marketing experiment - something to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a marketing experiment - something to try

In looking for cost-effective, attention-getting marketing methods for one of my RSP hosting sites, I am going to distribute flyers in several areas in the local vicinity. I have never heard of anyone doing this with a hosting business (I will actually be targeting neighborhoods where business owners are known to reside), so the results should be interesting. I will be sure to post and let you all know what comes of this.

Any thoughts?

One thought.

If you are going to be distributing flyers for hosting I would suggest that you offer web design also. Most business people, even small businesses either don't have the expertise or the time to do their own sites. I've used flyers by snail mail and have gotten some fairly good results.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Nick. I edited my flyers to include that information. I will be distributing them today or tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted!

Comment

How did your fliers turn out? Get any response? My conversion ratio is about 2% but the 2% makes it worthwhile.
        Last edited by vlasi47gr; 22-11-2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Yes most businesses will definitely want web design/web development to be included. Do you do the design on your own or do you outsource it to others?

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
            Yes most businesses will definitely want web design/web development to be included. Do you do the design on your own or do you outsource it to others?
            I do all my own designing. I have never used templates or outsource, except twice when I first started doing web design, I used Site Studio for my first two customers. In fact I just splurged and bought the Commercial version of Adobe Web Premier CS4. Pricey little software. I upgraded from Studio MX2004 (the education version) and it still cost $599 + Tax. Should have it by the end of this week. I now have a copy of Studio MX200 and MX2004 to get rid of.

If I run into a situation that I have no knowledge on how to achieve the effect that my customer wants, then I would consider outsourcing that portion, or paying for advice.

Again I say: The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.

Comment

Working...
            X