PPC Advertising vs. SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPC Advertising vs. SEO

There are two ways to get traffic to any site. You can either get traffic to your website for free, such as SEO or you can use paid advertising; PPC (pay-per-click).

Often, there is a debate and constant warring between which strategy will be the best strategy to implement in exposing your site to the masses.

In actuality, Internet Marketing is a numbers game, and so the more targeted traffic you can get to your website, the more you will convert, and the more money you’ll make.

So which strategy is the best, free or paid?

Search Engine Optimization:

Free marketing strategies; such as SEO, are just as good as paid marketing, if not better. For example, when the majority of people go searching for information online, they go to Google or any other search engine and type in a phrase; such as “How to Cook and Clean”. The results they get back are divided into two parts, and that is Organic and Paid advertising. These differences are usually easy to identify. The organic results are listed on the left hand side and are listed 1-10 through a series of pages, while the paid are listed on the far right hand side.

When doing a search people will often decide which way is best to resolve their dilemma or situation, and most often people tend to use the free results. Thus, this is enough to indicate that if you want to get highly targeted and free traffic to your website it would be a good idea to get into the Organic results. However, many things are involved, including getting backlinks to your site, making sure you have the right keyword density, and optimizing your site. The downside to Search Engine Optimization is that in order to get your website ranked high, it can be very time consuming. This is a reason why many marketers choose to skip SEO and use Pay-Per-Click with Google Adwords, Bing, or Yahoo Overture.

PAY PER CLICK (PPC):

In short, Pay-Per-Click is when you tell Google; or any other company, how much you want to be charged every time your advertisement is clicked. The higher the amount that you set to be charged will often determine how high your website will rank in the search engines. On the other hand, if you set a low amount then your PPC may not give you good results.

The “pros” of PPC marketing is that it takes a small amount of time to get up and running, but the “con” is that you can not just set up a campaign and expect to make tons of money. PPC is a science and should be implemented with strategy, therefore doing the homework is crucial because if you don’t choose the right keywords and/or charges you could end up losing tons of money and FAST. So PPC takes skill, learning, and possibly experience to succeed.

In short, SEO is a great way for beginners to get a site ranked high in organic results. SEO may be frustrating but once you succeed with SEO the benefits are great. This is also true with PPC, but there is much more risk involved since your success is dependent on your money and skill. Overall, it’s necessary to research both SEO and PPC as much as possible before leaning upon either.

Hello nick8609,

Thank you for your informative post

I am sure it will be of great help for all our new members and all those who are not entirely sure which method for promoting their site to choose

Comment

Hi nick8609,
      i read your post and find it is very informative.
      i am in the favor of free advertising because it give best result and permanent result.

Comment

Thats good information but there is more than two ways

I think that bloging is a good way to bring targeted traffic but when you bloging your posts should be original content and not any auto bloging or pre-writen scrips. There are many ways to bring targeted traffic to you site I think that when people start a site and start advertizing it on the internet they get caught up iinto thinking that is all you have to do.I think they forget about the local market add a business card to the gas pump,the laundrey matt,your coffee shop just leave one at the desk,put a little ad. in your local newspaper, join some of the smaller sites where pople have started there own free groups,yahoo,google,ext,I think thats where a lot of people get started with the internet,e-mail is a good way but not any list building sites because they seldom get read and if read they are not intersted.There are so many ways I am not going to list them all.and to all good luck

Comment

There are several ways to bring targeted traffic to your site, I think when people start somewhere and start advertising on the Internet, they get caught iinto think that everything you do.I think that they forget the local market to add a card at the gas pump, mast laundrey, let your coffee at the office, put a small ad. in your local newspaper, sign up some of the places where smaller People started their own free groups, Yahoo, Google post, I think that's where a lot of people get started with Internet, e-mail address is a good way, but not no list building sites, because they are rarely read and if read not interested.

Comment

Its a very great post.Seo is for long term results and PPC is for short term.SEO can benefit both organic and PPC.PPC is paid traffic, i.e pay per click! PPC will be quick to make traffic, but if you have money.SEO is the Base work, PPC may some times fail to deliver result, but if SEO done properly, the results can be very consistent.

Comment

SEO is a best for website promotion.PPC and SEO are both good in enhancing your website and boosting web traffic.It is always an ongoing effort and if you are producing interesting content or your product rocks, you will get higher rankings automatically.

Comment

thanks for ur info

Comment

PPC Advertising vs. SEO

Pay per click is the biggest advantage the visitors that you, leadership and sales within hours or you only get results quickly with immediately will provide is promoting. In fact, on a pay per click advertising program is your best option if you fast results and the investment of your search engine optimization (SEO) program is waiting for a good return on demand "to ramp. "

Comment

I am sure that your message will surely be useful for newcomers

Comment

pay per click advertising program is your best option

Comment

fast results and the investment of your search engine optimization (SEO) program is waiting for a good return

Comment

Study confirms that you paid should not focus on search engine advertising. Pay per click while your normal web site promotion activities can be a nice addition, you with natural search engine optimization investment (ROI) will receive better benefits.

Many webmasters that are new to web site promotion choose only pay per click advertising. Natural search engine results to optimize your web pages include a lot more work, but in the long run, you with natural search engine optimization will get a better return on investment. Numbers speak for themselves.

Comment

Pay per click is the biggest advantage the visitors that you

Comment

ppc advertising program is your best option

Comment

Working...
                              X