• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Web Hosting

Hi all friends,
    There are various kinds of web hosting, i tell you about 3 types,
    1) Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting:
    Want control over your hosting environment but don't need the resources of a dedicated server? VPS hosting might be right for you.
    2) Dedicated Web Hosting:
    Web sites that require all the server resources are best served by seeking a dedicated web hosting solution.
    3) Managed Web Hosting:
    Managed web hosting takes the dedicated model of service to higher level by provding support services for the web servers.

Re:

Following are also some good type of web hosting.
    # Shared Web Hosting : The basic idea behind shared web hosting is distributing the web server among multiple websites.
    # Colocated Web Hosting : Colocation refers to "co-location". This is a solution which enables a user to place (locate) his/her own web server within the premises of a web hosting service provider.
    # Reseller Web Hosting : The account owner can make use of his/her allotted bandwidth and hard drive space to host their websites on behalf of third parties. This is beneficial for those who want to go for an ecommerce business.

Comment

Can you please elaborate more on VPS? I need to know more about it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by annejones143 View Post
        Can you please elaborate more on VPS? I need to know more about it. Thanks!

I agree. I would like to know more about VPS and I would also like to know what the difference is between VPS and the semi-dedicated plans RP offers. Examples of what types of customers would use each one would be helpful.

Comment

Hello,

You can see what a VPS is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

Since the Virtual Private Servers have been around for a while I think wiki has a much better answer that I would come up with in a matter of minutes so I suggest you read that article.

As for the Semi-Dedicated servers, think of them as a very large shared hosting account, much like the Business, Enterprise, Corporate and Starter plan. But where in the Starter plan you get 4.5% CPU allowance in the the Semi-Dedicated servers you would get 20% and 40% CPU depending on the package.
          The Semi-Dedicated servers do not have root access so you can meddle with the LAMP or the OS in general, but if you find yourself in the predicament that your shared hosting account is going over the CPU limit you can safely go for a Semi-Dedicated server. For everything else there is VPS.

Particularly the new OpenVZ VPS come with very strong hardware resource share and I strongly advise anyone that needs root access to install applications that would not go on a shared hosting or Semi-Dedicated to consider those packages.

Comment

Working...
          X