Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding single WP page from search engines

Hi Guys

I have a wordpress site which is public, and gets SEO traffic. However, I have a download page in WP which I don't want to show in the SERPS for obvious reasons. There is an option to make the page Private, but then only I can get to it by being logged in. There is a third option which is to password protect the page, which I don't really want to do either.

So, how do I make the page accessible to people if I give them the link, but not having the page picked up by going, especially if people are searching for my product with the word "download".

Create or modify your robots.txt and add the following entry

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /downloads.php

If your site has already been indexed/crawled it could take a while for the page to be dropped from the search index. You could move or rename it in order to speed the process up.

Comment

if you're using sitemap plugin, you can place the url there as non index file/url.

Comment

It is good if you Disallow your url from robots.txt if you don't want to indexed any URL in Google.

If your url already indexed in google then you can remove using Google Webmasters Tools...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X