Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doneritehosting
    replied
    No windows phone is not like that.... The apps get updated like IOS and Android. You get OS version updates..

Leave a comment:

• clivejo
    replied
    It would be great if you could actually turn off a Windows computer. Every-time I switch one off I get the message "Installing Windows updates - Do not turn off your computer" It seems as if the computer is continually installing updates!! Does Windows phone do the same? Sorry you can not call John Doe, windows is updating, please wait forever!!

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    even Microsoft I believe is an infringement itself... isn't "microsoft" a native American word meaning "to stop, click start"?

Leave a comment:

• doneritehosting
    replied
    A phonec trademark infringement huh? I cant see it in a domain like that.... no accidental misspelling is gonna bring that domain traffic.... I'd had to have fought that one.. The persons real given name in the domain, no content on the website referring to MS or its content. The person might as well have filed a counter infringement suit on Microsoft for using the phonecs of his given name in a trademarked corporate business name, same difference. Thats not the same situation as iads was describing.
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-12-2014, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iads
    replied
    Originally posted by clivejo View Post
    LOL Look what happened over MikeRoweSoft.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_vs._MikeRoweSoft
    That is funny...

Leave a comment:

• clivejo
    replied
    LOL Look what happened over MikeRoweSoft.com

Last edited by clivejo; 11-12-2014, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    Originally posted by iads View Post

....but I am affiliated with them....
    that wouldn't matter, they cannot have any sort of brand dilution or people thinking their working directly with RSP when its really you. Try that with any company, web services or not and you'll pretty much get the same result. (love the emoticon!)

Leave a comment:

• iads
    replied
    Originally posted by theLarry View Post
    well, "clever" is one way of looking at that. In that case it was more Trade Mark violation... you're domain contained their's. I've had a couple people taken down that tried that with one of our brands.
    ....but I am affiliated with them....

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    Originally posted by clivejo View Post
    Do the "other guys" allow you to be reseller for a competing company? I thought their TOS was very restrictive ?
    Ya, that's not a problem. The crazy thing is we are not really supposed to publicly promote ourselves as "Other Guy Resellers"... yet they leak their $%^#@* links and brand all over our stuff. That's one of the reasons we felt the need to develop an alternate brand over here t begin with.

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    I once tried to build my affiliate base by marketing a domain that I owned, ResellerPanel.com (note the lack of an s). RSP quickly put an end to that. I thought that it was just clever marketing, but I guess it's against the TOS. I liked the idea that when someone followed a link or print ad they might not notice the s, and perceive me as more legitimate and not just another affiliate.

well, "clever" is one way of looking at that. In that case it was more Trade Mark violation... you're domain contained their's. I've had a couple people taken down that tried that with one of our brands.

Leave a comment:

• clivejo
    replied
    Do the "other guys" allow you to be reseller for a competing company? I thought their TOS was very restrictive ?

Leave a comment:

• iads
    replied
    I once tried to build my affiliate base by marketing a domain that I owned, ResellerPanel.com (note the lack of an s). RSP quickly put an end to that. I thought that it was just clever marketing, but I guess it's against the TOS. I liked the idea that when someone followed a link or print ad they might not notice the s, and perceive me as more legitimate and not just another affiliate.

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    Please clarify for me, do the "other guys" offer a White Label program like RSP? If so, switch over to RSP and pre-advertise/promote it as an upgrade of hardware and software. Keep your personal brand out front and never mention the "other guys", nor RSP ever.
    Thanks iads, Yes "the other guys" offer "mostly" white label, though they are sloppy and have brand leaks. we heavily market this reseller brand and will continue to do so. We're not moving or switching. Our brand there is tied to them. Just as our main brand here is tied to here.

Leave a comment:

• theLarry
    replied
    Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    Do "the other guys" rhyme with "ho maddy" or "mild fest romaines"?
    well...

Leave a comment:

• The Stealthy One
    replied
    Do "the other guys" rhyme with "ho maddy" or "mild fest romaines"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X