Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Invisible Pages - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Pages

When you are using SiteStudio and create a page that you make invisible in the setting section, does anyone know if the search engine robots and spiders still travel throught that page?

Thanks

Originally posted by Plato1
    When you are using SiteStudio and create a page that you make invisible in the setting section, does anyone know if the search engine robots and spiders still travel throught that page?

Thanks
    Can't say about sitestudio and what you mean by invisible but regarding search robots, they follow links in your site to jump from page to page.
    If the page you created has no links on your main site, then the robot won't be able to find it.

Comment

Hi, "Invisible" in Site Studio only means that the page will not be inluded in links on your main page or navigation bars. I don't think any page can be crawled by search engines untill it is published.
      I disagree with Ajay, a robot will find a page regardless of whether it has been linked to your main page. Put it on the web, and a robot will find it!
      Last edited by Guest; 13-02-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roboba
        Hi, "Invisible" in Site Studio only means that the page will not be inluded in links on your main page or navigation bars. I don't think any page can be crawled by search engines untill it is published.
        I disagree with Ajay, a robot will find a page regardless of whether it has been linked to your main page. Put it on the web, and a robot will find it!
        I would have to agree with you on this one. I had some of my webpages published on google's search engine even though they had no link to any website. Quite wierd, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
          I would have to agree with you on this one. I had some of my webpages published on google's search engine even though they had no link to any website. Quite wierd, haha.
          were these pages listed in a directory with no index file?

Comment

I am thinking that the robots will still find it....In SiteStudio you can place a check mark in a box that allows the page to be invisible.

But if you know the exact link and type it in the address bar of your browser you can actually view the page. So I am guessing its there for a robot to see also...thanks to all who responded....

Comment

Hi, I think in site studio there is a setting for robots, like "no index" Maybe in meta tags?

Comment

Hi there,

I guess the question is, do you want a page to NOT be crawled by the robots?

If "Yes", then you need to write a robots.txt file to stop them from visiting that page.

... unless you don't want it crawled.

"Invisible" in Site Studio is as mentioned above - it's like a sub-page - doesn't appear in the menu list, but is visible to the world if they search and find text on that page. This just means you can have a 40 page site with a 7 button Menu list, and multiple pages in each section

Cheers
                WebGirl

Comment

Working...
                X