Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 we want more templates - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we want more templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we want more templates

I have just seen a new launch of a hosting company partnered with a couple of developers this week. They produced some really cool templates and considerable less than what we are offering! It makes SiteStudio a bit gimmicky. I really like to see more and better templates added to the server.

apple,

The only templates that are available for use with SiteStudio are those developed by Psoft, SiteStudio's developer.

Also, I think your thread would have been better titled as 'I want more templates'.

Comment

Daniel, get into CMS. Forget about baby toys!

Comment

Well, I don't really use SiteStudio anymore. But I still like it better than most of the CMS systems!

Comment

Originally posted by Global*Web*Brands
          Well, I don't really use SiteStudio anymore. But I still like it better than most of the CMS systems!
          Try MoDx CMS or Joomla-with professional templates of course

Comment

Ha ha, Arthur, I now agree!

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
            Daniel, get into CMS. Forget about baby toys!
            After being the loud voice for Site Studio for a couple of years, I finally dipped a toe in the CMS whirlpool and was amazed at what I learnt.

I have now been using http://CMSMadeSimple.org for about 5 months and love it. Not many pre-made templates, though you can easily import your own and modify. You can even use the free Joomla and Mambo templates and modify for the Content areas.

I have also been using http://WebsiteBaker.org quite recently, and although I haven't worked out all the little bits I need to know yet, I was able to create a 10 page site and had it looking really professional - in about 2 hours.

So I say to everyone, try a CMS - you've got nothing to lose [And in reference to Joomla and Mambo, boy - too confusing to explain to clients

PS - I also signed up to become a reseller for Tucows web builder. At about $1/month per client, it has thousands of templates, and is very easy.

Differences between them all [in my humble opinion]

With SiteStudio I could manipulate the colours and make it do amazing things with so few templates.
            With Tucows web builder, you can only change the content, no colour schemes, which is fine for many people. I offer this at an additional cost to clients.
            With CMS websites, you need to do a bit of searching to find templates, but can easily import and integrate them. There is a slight learning curve, but after a week, you'll wonder why you never did this before
            Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM.

Comment

One thing I like, though, about SiteStudio, is that users can login and more easily change things themselves, if they so choose. A CMS is often difficult for many folks to get used to.

Comment

Hi there Daniel!

Re your comment:

A CMS is often difficult for many folks to get used to.
                Which CMS have you used, and which ones do you find difficult?

I have found CMSMadeSimple and Website Baker to be so much easier than SiteStudio, I couldn't believe it. Their Control Panels are so much easier to understand, and having access to the actual template in both is such a bonus for the developer [me].

My experience with Joomla and Mambo though was much different - bigger learning curve and I wouldn't recommend them [at this point] to my clients.

Cheers
                WebGirl

Comment

Yes, it was Mambo that I was speaking of. Maybe I'll have to take a look at those other two!

Comment

site studio and cms

To be honest I dont care much about SiteStudio. The only reasons I brought it up was because I had customers asking for them. I much prefer customizing and designing my own templates and skins for cms. Some customers dont want to pay my time and they want a quick website they can do themselves. I see that google is giving away free webspace and site builder. Bad news for some of us.

By the way, I was speaking on behalf of my clients who wants more choice in SiteStudio. Therefore, the used of 'we' instead of 'I'!

Comment

Hi there Apple,

I agree - there's no comparison between SiteStudio and CMS we install. By adding / creating our own designs ['skins'] we can do amazing things with the CMS on offer.

I use SiteStudio for those people who are on the 'no budget' Budget - no $$ - and I have a lot of those clients. Interestingly, for some who've been using SiteStudio for a year or more, they are now asking questions about how to 'improve/upgrade' to a different quality of site, and be able to offer all the easy add-ons available with most CMS.

And I too have come a long way and have jumped on the CMS bandwagon - yeehah!

PS - I love the capability to be able to password-protect individual pages, and to create Users who can login to specific pages and update them. Very powerful solution.

Ciao ciao!

Comment

Hi Webgirl,

Good to hear from you. I agreed. I tried to accomodate for all kinds of budget. We need those clients as much as those who can pay. Sitestudio is great for those who want a low budget site. I dont promote it as much as there are many such hosting company here providing better site builder.
                        I am playing with google free site with oodles of gadgets, eg, wold time clock, free text messaging, calculator, googlemap, search facility, web photos, mp3 player etc.

Comment

Originally posted by apple View Post
                          I am playing with google free site with oodles of gadgets, eg, wold time clock, free text messaging, calculator, googlemap, search facility, web photos, mp3 player etc.
                          Can Google Page Creator really do everything that you mention? Then I should check their service more closely than I did some time ago when Google had just launched the Page Creator beta (which is still in beta and requires a Gmail account to use, Gmail still being offered as beta as well and requiring an invitation from a member to join the service, although it is quite easy to get a Gmail invitation from an online forum or a friend, as the Google web based e-mail service is quite popular already ).

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                            Gmail still being offered as beta as well and requiring an invitation from a member to join the service, although it is quite easy to get a Gmail invitation from an online forum or a friend, as the Google web based e-mail service is quite popular already ).
                            That's not true. You can actually register for an account yourself now without the need for others to refer you.

Comment

google free site

I have to say that the service google provided is fairly impressive. I hate to think that it will affect most of us in this business not too distant future. You can actually use your own domain name or register with them for a small price. Well, RSP should have listened when there was a need for SiteStudio. The templates google produced is quite sophisticated but limited just now. I have created a site for myself. Why not, afterall is free

Comment

Working...
                              X