No announcement yet.

we want more templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm continuing to offer Site Studio for budget customers, and I am almost finished with the Site Stuido Instruction Manual - their help screens just don't 'help' many people.

In an effort to reduce the amount of support calls I get, I decided to create the Manual. I also charge an hourly rate for assistance, so I'm sure the manual will help cut down the calls and emails from people who 'just need 5 minutes' ...

I know from experience that each 5 minute call or email turns into 15 minutes and none of us can afford to spend all day on email and phone supporting a product we make very little money on [and which the Support Centre can't troubleshoot on].

So hence the Manual.

I also now offer content management systems [CMS] and I'm writing Instruction Manuals for both of them too, to give to each client who signs up.

I was thinking I might as well make one for the Hosting Control Panel too, something people can print, with simple instructions. So each client will end up with two manuals of step-by-step instructions.

The beauty of using a CMS [like CMSMadeSimple.org or WebsiteBaker.org for example] is that you can easily use the free templates readily available for Open source etc [http://www.oswd.org which has thousands of cool templates]. Download and copy it into the CMS. That's it

All I have to do then is put a tag in where the different blocks of content will be, for example {content} - and set up the menus to be automatic, and voila! a great new website for someone. Many of the CMS now come with photo albums, news, forums etc, which makes it really easy.

Comment

Hmm is it just me or does WebGirl really like CMS?
      The manual is a nice idea for those people who want to use SiteStudio.

Comment

Originally posted by coyouth View Post
        That's not true. You can actually register for an account yourself now without the need for others to refer you.
        As far as I can see there is no link for a new account registration/sign-up at gmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
          As far as I can see there is no link for a new account registration/sign-up at gmail.com.
          There's the text Sign up for Gmail at the bottom right of the front page of Gmail. Once you've clicked on it, you'd be redirected to https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1

Comment

coyouth, you are right. However, the link that you have provided shows that Gmail signups are available only in the following countries: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey and United States and require that you have a mobile phone. In the rest of the world the Gmail service is still available only through and invitation from a current user of the service.

Comment

India Gmail

One can signup directly for Gmail in India. It doesnt need any invitation.

Along with free web hosting of 000webhost, nice site builder is also available..I request for much better templates with our site builder

Comment

Originally posted by San View Post
                One can signup directly for Gmail in India. It doesnt need any invitation.
                San, this thread is two and a half years old. When it was started Gmail accounts were available by invitation only. Gmail accounts have been open for registration without an invitation for a while now.

Originally posted by San View Post
                Along with free web hosting of 000webhost, nice site builder is also available..I request for much better templates with our site builder
                As you probably know, SiteStudio is a third partly application. We do not develop templates for it; we can only provide the templates available from SiteStudio developers.

Comment

Milen, I know that a long, long time ago, RSP was working on a custom site builder. Is this still the case? Or was that dropped?

Comment

Hello,, I remember this,,
                    AWAIT our fantastic new Reseller Panel implementations coming soon:

Brand New File Manager
                    2 April 2008 - Official ResellersPanel VAT Registration
                    New Advanced API
                    Improved Boost Renewals
                    found here,

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                      Milen, I know that a long, long time ago, RSP was working on a custom site builder. Is this still the case? Or was that dropped?
                      A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Oops, wrong movie

Unfortunately, I have not heard about any progress on this project in quite a while. I do not think that it was dropped, but I assume that it was put on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
                        Daniel, get into CMS. Forget about baby toys!
                        It's not about toys, it's about tools.

Even though CMS's are easy to use, they are still difficult for small business owners with no tech savvy that just need a simple, but good looking static site but can't really pay a developer just yet.

SiteStudio is such a tool for this market, but unfortunately, site studio is not as easy to use as it could be and the templates are about as pretty as a wet dog.

I can'te even believe that site studio still is able to stay in business with such old, amateur looking templates.

Comment

I have to agree with you, Toolsavvy

Comment

Please be a bit more specific. Are you talking about a reseller store template or are you talking about a website for other uses?

Comment

I think he's referring to general things. I mean website for other users.

Comment

I am using Drupal CMS for my site. It's nice and easy to operate.

Drupal - the leading open-source CMS for ambitious digital experiences that reach your audience across multiple channels. Because we all have different needs, Drupal allows you to create a unique space in a world of cookie-cutter solutions.

Orthohin

Comment

Working...
                                X