More choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More choice

I would like to see more choice added to the templates library. Some of the designs are dated and need face-lifting.

New reseller templates will be added in the future, but template development and testing takes time. Also, the newest template (#16) is much more complicated than the older templates. It contains over 60 HTML and PHP files. Thus adding other templates comparable with #16 requires a lot of work on the part of our developers and designers and new reseller template design is just one of the many things on which our developers and designers are currently working.

Comment

Milen, I think he might have meant the Site Studio templates.

Comment

Yeah its even in the site studio category lol But on the reseller template note. If template #16 has 60 PHP and HTML files I would think you could just use the present PHP as a backend to the new templates. It really isn't effecient to code a different backend to each of the templates.

Comment

Outsource the template design using same php scripts...

Comment

My apologies to apple for misinterpreting the question. However, as older forum members know, the SiteStudio is a third party product and we have no control over its development or the choice of templates provided with it.

Comment

add more to the server

Yeah, this cat is under SiteStudio and that was what I meant. You may have no choice to the present templates so are we. How about an upgrade?? http://www.psoft.net/SS/previewer/

Comment

apple, decisions on product and service upgrades are taken by our management and system administrators. I will pass your suggestion to the management and system administrators, but I cannot guarantee when and if the upgrade will be implemented.

Comment

Thank you

That's fine. As long as someone is listening. Thank you.

Comment

cannot be found in search engines!

I set up a couple of small websites for my clients using SiteStudio with the free domain name that comes with the package, both sites cannot be found 9or impossible) with any search engines! The sites doesnt even show up in the search engine with the domain name itself. Any suggestions?

Comment

Site Studio Upgrade?

I have some clients asking for the upgrade - not only more template choices as mentioned above, but more fonts which seem to be offered in version 1.7.

Comment

Hi Apple,

Originally posted by apple
                        I set up a couple of small websites for my clients using SiteStudio with the free domain name that comes with the package, both sites cannot be found 9or impossible) with any search engines! The sites doesnt even show up in the search engine with the domain name itself. Any suggestions?
                        Just out of curiosity, how long did you wait before checking to see if the sites appeared? I'm sure you realise it doesn't happen overnight, and sometimes can take days or weeks.

Cheers
                        WebGirl

Comment

Hi there MrsMac!

Originally posted by mrsmac
                          I have some clients asking for the upgrade - not only more template choices as mentioned above, but more fonts which seem to be offered in version 1.7.
                          I too would love to see more template choices and fonts.

The way it is at the moment, it depends on the Server and the version of SiteStudio which is installed when the new Server is launched.

For example, if you bought hosting and built a site 3 months ago, and today bought a new hosting account which was on a different server, chances are you'll get different versions of Site Studio.

My first Site Studio website is very different to all the others I've launched in the past 12+ months.

Hopefully we'll get to see the new SS 1.7 on the newer servers. This doesn't help though if we have purchased the Corporate account, as those 10 websites will be using an older version of SS.

Fingers' crossed!
                          WebGirl

Comment

site running for 3 months

Originally posted by WebGirl
                            Hi Apple,
                            I'm sure you realise it doesn't happen overnight, and sometimes can take days or weeks.
                            Its been three months now. I also notice that there is nothing on the source code. I dont think SiteStudio is search engine friendly at all. Very bad. Soon the customers will write it off.

Comment

Doesnt help the customers

Originally posted by WebGirl
                              Hi there MrsMac!
                              My first Site Studio website is very different to all the others I've launched in the past 12+ months.
                              This is the problem. I showed my customer one thing but when they registered I couldnt produce the product because they are not on the server.

Comment

Working...
                              X