Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site studio on a subdomain

hi

how to publish a new web site that created by site studio on a new subdomain ?

HPRlink, to create a SiteStudio website on a new subdomain, you need to create the new subdomain first, wait until the subdomain becomes active (typically within 10 minutes) and then use the subdomain and your main FTP password to log into a SiteStudio account for this subdomain and start creating your SiteStudio site for this subdomain.

Comment

I cann't log in when i use subdomain with my ftp account .... i can log in only when i use domain with ftp account

Comment

HPRlink, please open a support ticket regarding the issue that you have encountered through the Help Center in the web hosting control panel of your account.

Comment

You may want to make sure you are using the correct password. It will be the one under your main account or domain. Not the one you assigned to the subdomain.

Comment

yes .... i'm using my main ftp user password . it works only with www.hprlink.com . it does not work with my subdomains for sitestudio

Comment

HPRlink, I have tested all domains and subdomains in your account and I was able to log into the SiteStudio successfully for all, but two of the subdomains. One of the subdomains I was not able to log in does not use the correct IP for the server on which it is hosted, while the other subdomain uses a .htacl file with a 301 redirect and SiteStudio is not compatible with such redirects, these are the reasons why you cannot log into the SiteStudio for these two subdomains. Also, do not forget to use the complete subdomain as login when you are trying to log into the SiteStudio. For instance, you should use subdomain.domain.com as login and not just subdomain. If you continue to experience issues with the SiteStudio login, please follow the advice from my previous post and open a support ticket about it through the Help Center in web hosting control panel of your account.

Comment

I build websites on subdomains all the time!

I love how easy it is to create websites on subdomains! once i found out it was possible, there was no stopping me!

I have a lot of websites, but one main one sells hosting, and then I have set up 4 subdomains - and each one shows an example of Site Studio, with step-by-step instructions on how to change that particular website

a perfect tool to 'sell' Site Studio as a solution

when people see how easy it is to change they start to understand it

for example, on page one i have the normal template
                on page two I change the background colour
                on page three i might change the fonts
                on page four I will add and change paragraphs

The key to logging in to ALL of the same websites on the one hosting account is to
                - make sure you have ACTIVATED Site Studio in your control panel
                - type the domain name or sub domain name - without http://www
                - use the same ftp password for each one
                - type in lower case for all logins

Cheers
                WebGirl!

Comment

Working...
                X