Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Studio web builder demo

Hi everyone,

I've signed up as a Reseller, and I'd like to be able to offer a DEMO or TRIAL RUN of the Site Studio web builder.

Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but is there any way to get prospective customers a view and a play with the web builder to encourage them to buy the hosting?

Thanks!
    WebGirl

Site Studio builder is a third-party software and additional information (including a demo account) is available at http://psoft.net/SS/site_studio_info.html .

Comment

Cool, but how could you just link up to the pop up demo window instead of the actual demo page itself? Just so it would look like a part of our resellers site? The demo should look to be a part of our webstores instead of sending our potential customers so obviously to another website.... This I'm interested in and its very useful

Comment

You can use the code pasted below to integrate a Site Studio demo in your custom web design in a similar way like the web hosting control panel demo.

<form action='http://sitestudio.demo.psoft.net:8081/demo/' target="_blank">
        <input type='submit' value='Site Studio Demo' name="submit">
        </form>

Comment

Many thanks for the code dimitar!! I also figured out a way to implement it into the reseller templates through the menu links....
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 01-02-2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I've now got a link which opens in a new menu, straight into the Demo. Just what I was looking for.

Comment

Many thanks!

Originally posted by doneritehosting
              Many thanks for the code dimitar!! I also figured out a way to implement it into the reseller templates through the menu links....
              Yes, one of the drawbacks I had found with my template was that it didn't have the demos...but I figured out a way to add both the Site Studio and the Control Panel demos to my site with this info. Thanks!

Comment

Site Studio : not all templates available

Hi there,

Techie question ... I have successfully helped a couple of clients set up their new SiteStudio website [very exciting!], but I now have a problem.

Two clients both like the same template [no, that's not the problem :-)].

The template appears in the demo which I found at the psoft.com website, and appears on this page of templates:

At the top of this page, the very last icon on the right [the purple template called #20], is the template in question.

Both my clients have used this in their demo, and both want to use the template.

Now here's the tricky bit ... :-(

I have now logged into my own hosting with RP, selected SiteStudio, and taken snapshots of every single template available ... and the purple one is not there.

Hmmmmmmm

My clients want to use this purple template, bit it *only* appears in the demo version. I also noticed in the row of templates [visible on the link above], that the first few templates with blue borders [the newest ones] also do *not* appear in the live SiteStudio.

So, my questions are:

*1* does Resellers Panel have a demo version of the templates available, so I don't have to send clients to psoft? or can you show me how to set up a demo from my own server?

*2* does Resellers Panel have a demo version of the SiteStudio, so I don't have to send clients to psoft?

*3* can Resellers Panel please contact psoft, or download the latest templates, so that I can then see (a) the purple template and (b) all the *newest* templates with the blue border, as visible on the page above?

*4* can my clients create a site using the Demo version, which then can be saved as their permanent website?

Clients are both keen to upload their new websites asap.

Looking forward to solving this, any help greatly appreciated!

WebGirl

Comment

Hello WebGirl,

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you. We do not have a demo of either SiteStudio or individual templates, so you cannot avoid sending your customers to psoft, if you want to use these features. Furthermore, we do not plan to update SiteStudio any time soon, because our developers are currently working on a site builder of our own. As you probably know, our goal is to use as little third-party software as possible and SiteStudio is a third-party product.

Comment

Milen, thanks for your quick response.

I understand you might be working on something else, but I've got clients who have chosen the template they want *right now*, they've paid me money, and now I can't give them what they want.

I went to the psoft site and it looks *very* easy to download the new templates - I can't do it as an individual, by you can as the hosting company .... please ... please .... pretty please???

If you're not going to offer a lot of the templates available, it makes me look rather foolish to my clients after they have spent days working on their templates.

Plus I've just spent two lots of $$ this week advertising this new web builder + hosting.

Hope you can help, please ...
                    WebGirl

Comment

WebGirl, I have talked with our managers and they said that they would consider an update of SiteStudio, but I cannot promise you anything.

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you, Milen!

from WebGirl
                        at the top of Australia!

Comment

Hi Milen, how are you?

Just wondering how you're going with downloading the latest templates into SiteStudio?

I've kept my clients placated for a few weeks ... but they're getting tetchy ...

Any news? Or is there another option I can offer them???

Many thanks Milen, your hard work is much appreciated!

Cheers
                          WebGirl

Comment

Hello, WebGirl. I am fine, thanks for asking, how are you?

Our system administrators downloaded and installed on one of our servers the latest version of SiteStudio available to test whether they are any bugs on other problematic issues, before updating the SiteStudio on all our servers. As it turns out, like with all new versions of a software product, there were some problems, which were not critical, but were bothersome enough. This is why our administrators have decided to wait a bit longer, before upgrading the SiteStudio over our entire network of servers.

You can send me an email with your reseller username and the number(s) of the server(s) where your customers' accounts are located and I will try to speed things a bit, however I cannot promise anything for certain.

One more thing, I have checked the latest version of SiteStudio on the server where it is currently installed. The number of available templates is higher than before, but I was not able to find out the template to which you and your customers were referring. However, I did not have time to check all templates and template variants. I just want to warn to that the template desired by your customers might be reserved by SiteStudio for demonstration purposes and might not be available in the released version of their product.

Comment

Hi Milen,

I've tried to email you the information your requested, but got the message you do not want to receive private messages.

If you send me a PM I will reply.

Thanks!
                              WebGirl

Comment

Working...
                              X