Newbie Sitebuilder User question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Sitebuilder User question

I am very new to this tool and am creatign my first site using this....somhow i am not able to get full link text.....

The site i am working on is www.revazz.com and on the left panel, i would like to use the link text as "wedding Planner" or " wedding Management"..but it only comes up as "wedding"....what should be done to correct this?

A quick response will be of much help...thanks in advance to you all seniors.

Deepali

Try putting quotes around it.

Comment

This is just a suggestion, so don't take it harsh. I guess it may have just been a template you were using but it may look better if the flash and the site colors matched. As it seems to get the feeling that you are going onto a new site, just some suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by deepali View Post
        I am very new to this tool and am creatign my first site using this....somhow i am not able to get full link text.....
        The site i am working on is www.revazz.com and on the left panel, i would like to use the link text as "wedding Planner" or " wedding Management"..but it only comes up as "wedding"....what should be done to correct this?
        A quick response will be of much help...thanks in advance to you all seniors.
        Deepali, Wedding appears as the button/link on your website instead of Wedding Planner or Wedding Management, because you have entered just Wedding as the Button Text field in the SiteStudio settings for your site and the SiteStudio uses this text as button/link on all relevant pages of your site. I advise you to open a support ticket for similar questions in the future to get a reply in a more timely fashion.

Comment

Hi Deepali,

I've been using Site Studio on many websites for a couple of years now, so I understand how challenging it all is

One suggestion re the Wedding text in the button, is that you could go to the SETTINGS tab for your flash intro page, and choose a smaller font size for the BUTTONS.

This will allow you to type more letters for each button. Play around with the font options until you find one you like.

Each template allows different amounts of space for the buttons, depending on where they're located on the page.

PS - I liked the flash front page, but was rather surprised to see a different template on the next page. I would suggest it will be less confusing for your visitors if you keep the same 'style' throughout, as TylerGillen suggested.

Also you have chosen an image for the top of your Welcome page, which is way too wide for the template, and means the visitors to the site will have to scroll to the right in order to see the menu buttons. The image is :

It is 791 pixels wide - may I suggest it be 400-500 in width?

Good luck with your site and congratulations on building the wedding website!

Cheers
          WebGirl

Comment

Ok so I am not a senior but I am a grandpa...LOL!! Anyways I do like your site and I hope all is working out fine for you. I would humbly like to make a suggestion if I may: I found the javascript mouse trail or whatever you call it, to actually hinder the viewing of your site content. It may have just been me and my Old granpa eyes messing up but I found it a bit distracting. Thanks and may God Bless, Doug

P.S: I was referring to the wedding link page.
            Last edited by cardiox; 27-01-2007, 04:38 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

hey deepali,
              I see you made a few changes to your site...I personally think it looks a whole bunch better. It kinda flows in a more fluent way like some of the others here have suggested. Nice stuff...and May God Bless you, Doug

Comment

Once you get used to it there will be the new one that is gonna be easier to use that will be out. Hopefully you got this situation handled though.

Comment

I kinda like SiteStudio although I think it could have many improvements. But featuring it is better than featuring no site builder at all. We surely have the upper hand for beginner web makers. The key thing to think about when changing Site Builders is "user-friendliness". And not to suit our needs (as we are most web masters and professionals) but for the average "beginning" user.

Best Regards,

Comment

Yea, I believe that it works for what is worth. But if something was to come in its place I wouldn't fight against it.

Comment

yea, for sure.

Comment

Is the new site builder on the main RSP site in the coming soon for resellers or for clients? I have been told both ways by the employees at RSP.

Comment

I think for resellers, but only about 60% sure.

Comment

Okay. I knew there was customized templates but didn't know their would be a website builder.

Comment

There will be customizable templates, but the Website builder that is referring to would be for Web hosting end-users.

Comment

Working...
                              X