Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Site Studio-- Anyone using it? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Studio-- Anyone using it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Studio-- Anyone using it?

I was wondering if anyone out there was using Site Studio....If Yes, do you know if there is any way to alter the images in the template so that you can insert your own logo at the top.....

It seems I have been messing with it...but there is a image generator of some sort running....so if I delete the gif file its located in...it just regenerates a new one.....

Then I thought I could just overlay my image into it...but look what happens.....( www.lwoodpens.com ).........it puts this big white line through the center of it....and the other pages have removed the logo competely...

If anyone has any thoughts about this, it would be much appreciated....THanks

Originally posted by Plato1
    It seems I have been messing with it...but there is a image generator of some sort running....so if I delete the gif file its located in...it just regenerates a new one.....
    Did you try replacing the image? It might be that the script checks to see if that logo's file name that you deleted exists.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to this forum!

Comment

Thank you for the Welcome.

Yes, I have tried to replace the entire image and that did not work either.

Then I went into the .gif file itself and attempt to edit the code, by erasing it and leaving the file there...but that did not work either...

You know I wish they had made these templetes a little more flexible, in that it does not allow to simply put an image in the header...

If you have any more suggestions I will try them

Thank you

Comment

Knew there would be another reason not to like Site Studio... Not sure if this will work but have you tried turning Site Studio off in your cpanel?

Comment

Yes, but then, of course, that would defeat my purpose.........I would not have the benefit of using the rest of the pre made template and then I would have to re-design all the pages that are currently now running through site studio.....

But then again I may end up having to do that anyway...or be stuck with a template I don't really care for.....

Comment

Try going to forum.psoft.net . There is a section dedicated to site studio and may have an answer to your problem.

Comment

This was copied from a post in forum.psoft.net

I don't know if it works or not. If you try it let us know the outcome.

"I customize templates inside of site studio by going into my file manager and finding the template pics. I download the one I want to redo, or get the size of the pic and upload a whole new one the same size, with the same name. Site studio will still use the template pic as the original as long as it's named the exact name as the old one. I also make a folder to place the old template pics is so I can restore them if need be."

Comment

Thanks Vlas47gr....I actually had a post up there to but no had responded...I guess you came across a different post....thank you thank you

I will try that and let you know what happens......

Comment

Well That did not work....every time I replace it with my pic it just generates a new .gif.....For Example this pic was called gen_552.1.gif.....so I called mine the same thing...and then uploaded it into the same folder.....when I went to check on the view......a new pic was generated and now the properties tell me that it is gen_553.1.gif.....so what I mean it just keeps on regenerating a replacement.....

Vlas, Thanks for pointing out that posting...I think I have found the thread you read that in and maybe I can read a little over there tosee if I can solve this dilemna....
                  Thanks
                  Last edited by Guest; 28-07-2005, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Fina Update....Well I did finally get the replace the gif file thing to work.....and it does work...however, for anyone who did that...don't ever refresh the images on your site...because guess what?

Yup...you got it....that image generator generates a new image and then renames the files and you are back to what you started with.....

So all in all I guess its just not going to work...unless I create my on template and upload it....and but then what would be the point of using site studio at all?

Thanks for everybody's input......

Comment

It's great if your not using the templates that have images

I think I read somewhere that RSP is planning a proprietary web design software to go with RSP v2. Maybe that will be better, but what will happen to the sites developed with Site Studio?
                      Last edited by vlasi47gr; 28-07-2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

So am I correct in assuming that custom graphics cannot be loaded? And does this apply to the whole page or just the header?

Comment

My sentiments exactly. I never liked the outcome of any template I made when testing out Site Studio. There are so many better tools out there that can be incorporated. However, RSP feels Site Studio is a good alternative as I have suggested others. Sure, there is a cost involved. The way I see it, if your going to offer some kind of sub-standard editor such as Site Studio, you would be just as justified to offer Front Page in it's place as Site Studio is really no better or worse than FP.

Originally posted by Plato1
                          Fina Update....Well I did finally get the replace the gif file thing to work.....and it does work...however, for anyone who did that...don't ever refresh the images on your site...because guess what?

Yup...you got it....that image generator generates a new image and then renames the files and you are back to what you started with.....

So all in all I guess its just not going to work...unless I create my on template and upload it....and but then what would be the point of using site studio at all?

Thanks for everybody's input......

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
                            So am I correct in assuming that custom graphics cannot be loaded? And does this apply to the whole page or just the header?

Well you are half correct....you can load custom graphics in "designated" areas....you can overlay it into the header (with a lot of hanywork), but when you refresh you sites images you will probably lose it....

From what I can tell, is that each template has some areas to places custom images on the pages...and they are fairly easy to insert by simply uploading your pic as you build the page........but part of the problem is that you cannot just place those pics anywhere you want, they kind of go in a little ordered fashion based on the template you are using....

I don't mind Site Studio...its premade style is pretty good for basic sites, notwithstanding the one complaint I have which is the inability for it to allow you to put the graphics into the header......

On some templates you can put graphics in the header but the template predetermines the size and usually allows you the choice of the top left or top right corner....

Then there is a template that allows you to put what you want into the header...but you have to type it in.....in that one there is no option to upload a graphic..........SO in the end, yes Sits Studio does have its limitations....maybe RSP will upgrade the newer templates that are out there that might alleviate some of the flaws in it....until then I will keep trying to figure a way to work it out...........

Comment

I am loving Site Studio!

I think I'm pushing it beyond its boundaries ... and that's so cool.

I'm encouraging potential website clients to look at the demo templates, but ignore the colours - just look at where the Menu bar appears and where they'd like their logo to appear.

Then we can totally change the whole look and feel of the website by changing the background colour, and the *color style 1* in the Settings. I'm getting some great results.

One of the template layouts has a menu bar or design close to the top of the page, so you can actually add your banner below this. I like the ones where you can use most of the page [the *real estate*], so I can then add my own table in Edit mode, and create say 2 or 3 columns of different width.

This way I can even add a column for google adsense on info sites.

The good thing about using a table to enhance the layout is that you can then choose colours for the columns/cells of the table which gives added control.

I'm also writing a really clear instruction manual [booklet] with lots of snapshots and step-by-step how-to's. My clients will then have the choice to use the standard Help pages, or to purchase my booklet for a small fee when they sign up, or when they start making their own changes.

I know there are other content management solutions, but with a little bit of imagination, Site Studio can be a powerful little website builder tool, to suit some clients for lots of situations, and not necessarily small biz sites.

Cheers
                              WebGirl!

Comment

Working...
                              X