Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Site Studio-- Anyone using it? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Studio-- Anyone using it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site studio

Can someone share with me a few links to site studio sites that really works?

Comment

Using your own banner etc

I'm going through each of the templates [yes it's a slow process] and working out which ones I can put a client banner/logo on without too much difficulty [and without it being overwritten each time you publish, like using the process LWood and plato1 mentioned].

I'm discovering great new ways to change background colours, and to add a white graphic as a bacground image to give me a cool white site [or any other colour] when changing background colour doesn't solve it, and all kinds of other neat stuff.

One of my goals is to be able to have a banner/logo across the top or down the side of a page, where I don't have to make the banner fit the image restrictions of the web builder. Another is to be able to manipulate the colours so a client can have something as close to what they like as possible [which at first glance doesn't seem possible ... but I'm stretching the limits].

I'm also trialling the *html* page option, and adding my own tables giving me google adsense on pages - very exciting!

I'm documenting everything [of course] and finding out that this little web builder is more powerful than I at first thought!

Also might be worth mentioning, I pretty much use the GENERIC new page for everything [except Contact], as I can create columns etc.

WebGirl
      Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2005, 04:18 AM.

Comment

WebGirl, is it possible to go into the File Manager, or in through FTP, and edit the HTML of a SiteStudio page, and then still edit it through SiteStudio any other time? Or once you edit it outside of SiteStudio, can you no longer edit it in SiteStudio?

Also, do you know if secure certificates can be integrated with a form created in SiteStudio?

(I'm very excited, I think I have a new, BIG, design/hosting client coming onboard!!! I'm just scared because I've never done SSL before!)

Comment

Hi Daniel,

First of all, congrats on the potential new big business! Keep us posted!

Secondly, can't help you with SSL ... but if it's html you need to alter, that can be done by creating your own form and putting it on an HTML page in Site Studio.

In regard to actual html you create then upload to the web builder, yes you can continue to access it - I do that all the time [always tweaking!]. In fact, I often add html in a Generic page in the Paragraph body.

When you choose HTML as a new page, there are 2 options - you can choose one of these:

[1] Include layout code?
          This means the web builder will put the menu links and headers like all other pages, so this is the setting you would use to add html tables and other elements to a page, to have greater control.

[2] Show as is?
          If you choose this option, you must include ALL html tags including <html>, <head> and <body> tags ... it should be a *complete* html page. You will *not* see the automated menu links etc which are generated by the web builder on other pages.

You can either paste the HTML into the page, or upload pages by clicking the Upload button.

Hope this helps!
          Cheers
          WebGirl
          Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2005, 10:29 PM.

Comment

There are a few things that a customer and/or reseller needs to be aware before using an SSL certificate:

1. The domain that will use the SSL certificate needs to have a dedicated IP, because the SSL certificate cannot be installed with the shared IP of the server. A dedicated IP can be ordered though the Service Upgrades section of the web hosting control panel.

2. An SSL certificate should be purchased from a certificate authority. We only provide the generation of self-signed SSL certificates, which can be used to encrypt a personal site, but do not provide the necessary degree of credibility for a business or e-commerce site.

3. An SSL certificate can only be used to protect a domain either with the “www.” prefix or without it, but not both. The certificate is only valid for www.domain.com or domain.com, depending on which of the two was used during certificate generation.

Comment

Hi Milen,

Thanks for all three of those pointers! I wasn't aware of any of that!

Has anyone here used the Authoriz.net SIM processing method for transactions as outlined on this page - http://www.authorize.net/solutions/m...ectionmethods/? It looks appealing because you can do secure transactions on Authorize.net's side, but that script-writing part in the PDF help file has me more than a little apprehensive!

Comment

Working...
              X