Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Marketing Site Studio - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Site Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Site Studio

Hi all!

I am really gearing up my marketing now (just sent out 50 direct-mail kits yesterday), and want to focus alot of it on Site Studio.

What I would like to do is build the client sites myself, but using Site Studio, so that it is easier for the client to take over in the future. I know some of you do this already, but how do you go about doing it? What pricepoint do you price this service at? Which markets are you finding the most success in?

Thanks!

I have to wonder if WebHoster posts as much as he does to keep his number of posts high

I never used Site Studio. There are plenty of alternatives out there that I believe are much better, and I am not talking about DW or FP either. I have tested out a number of apps that are linux server based and find that the quality of the finished product is far more superior to that of Site Studio.

Comment

Site Studio has its place.

I use SiteStudio and have had success with it.

It is a quick way to make a nice looking site for small businesses, startups, and small organizations that just want a presence on the web.
      Since I can do a a four page site in 4 to 5 hours I charge $198.00. It comes out to about $40 to $50 an hour. $10 to $20 more an hour than what I get at my day job and a lot more fun!
      I also have extra charges for images, and adds for products in catalog pages. But the base price is $198.00 plus of course the charge for hosting and domain name which adds about $80.00. If I am to mange the site I also charge a monthly fee depending on what I am to do.

And by the way, mass mailing are the way I get most of my business.
      Last edited by vlasi47gr; 18-09-2005, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr
        And by the way, mass mailing are the way I get most of my business.
        Would that be snail-mail or e-mail?
        Last edited by Guest; 19-09-2005, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
          Would that be snail-mail or e-mail?
          Snail-mail. It looks more professional, and puts my business card and letter in their hands. They are more apt to keep a business card for future reference than an e-mail.

I target newly formed busineses.

I get about 4 or more e-mails a day from web site designers and I delete them as spam. It's an inexpensive marketing tool and you can reach a large audience if you want to send out unsolicited e-mails. But, I'm not into that.

Comment

Okay, I read that and automatically thought email, and I was like, "No way! Tell me your secrets!", but regular mail is definitely a good way to get customers.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys!

Yes, vlasi47gr, I think snailmail works because no other website host I know of uses it. And especially when you're targeting the local market, it really grips them - I hope! (That's what I've heard anyway - we'll see if it's true when those letters start arriving later today!) Also, I like your idea of charging for the Site Studio website design over and above the hosting price - I had always approached this from the angle of one all-inclusive price - but perhaps folks don't take that seriously....hmmm, something to think about!

Comment

When you are starting a business you have a lot of different things to think of and do. I know, I have started well over a dozen seperate business.

You know you would like to have a web site, and you have an idea of the content. But do you have time to learn a software program that will build the website? The answer is usually no. Even a simple web builder like SiteStudio requires a learning curve.

Since it is so easy for us to start an internet business, Like RSP, 20 minutes and no cash outlay, we don't realize what it takes to start a "regular business" like a small retail store or restaurant.

A startup business doesn't have time to sit around and learn the software. There are leases to negotiate, business licenses to apply for, zoning requirements, building permits, establishing bank accounts, arranging for credit card processing, remodeling, sub-contractors to deal with, vendors to contact, merchandising and marketing materials, signs, business cards, employees to hire and an endless list of things to take care of when you have a brick and morter business.

Learning a web site software package doesn't seem to be a priority here, especially if you can have one built preety much inexpensivly. That's where I and SiteStudio step in. Sure, I could use dreamweaver, but not as fast as Site Studio. I also have the option then of helping them learn to use it themselves if they would like....for a price of course

Comment

Hi Daniel,

You've finally seen the light, haha! My marketing [as you know] is all about selling the website, and the hosting is part of the package, so the easy web builder is my main focus.

As the web builder is included in hosting, I sell it as a package with the two.

If the client doesn't have time, can't do it, etc, then I offer the *website build service* for the first 5 pages as an additional fee, then charge for additional pages etc after that [e.g. +5, +10].

It's working well!

----- SUGGESTION ------

And here's a tip for you all ... sending off snail mail is a great way to get the client's attention, especially the new biz owner, but how about adding something cool?

I've had success with this ... I look up their biz name as a domain name, and find 3 similar available names.

I type these potential website names in the introductory letter, in large bold font, to grab their attention. Then I go one step further ... I also have a laminator, so I type up one of the *available* domain names [the most obvious one] as a bookmark size, with the url along the length of a sheet of paper. I then add my own details [domain, phone etc] before printing, and then I laminated the strip.

I can fit 4-5 bookmarks on one sheet of paper, then laminate them together in a plastic laminate sleeve, and cut [guillotine] them so they look neat.

Popping this into the envelope really grabs their attention, and they can see you've gone to some trouble to research their biz name, even though the whole process takes a couple of minutes.

Voila! The potential customer is very impressed, it has hardly cost anything ... and they will KEEP the bookmark, simply because it is handy to use, and looks too good to chuck in the bin. And it won't get lost in their stack of biz cards waiting to be typed into their database.

Free tip for you all!

Ciao ciao
                  WebGirl
                  Last edited by Guest; 29-09-2005, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Now that's some creative marketing!

And the best way to maximize your dollar, whether US or AU, marketing for today and tomorrow or the next month.

Great thinking WebGirl, but then again, wouldn't expect anything less from you

Comment

Webgirl you should change your handle to NICEwebgirl

Good tip! Thanks

Comment

LOL, how about robowebgirl,,,,,,

Comment

Thanks for that B! PS - your site's looking good ...

Comment

It is possible ... but it is not as nice as NICEwebgirl ... (sorry WebGirl, hope you don't mind).

Comment

Originally posted by WebGirl
                              Hi Daniel,

You've finally seen the light, haha!
                              Yes I have!

My marketing [as you know] is all about selling the website, and the hosting is part of the package, so the easy web builder is my main focus.

As the web builder is included in hosting, I sell it as a package with the two.

If the client doesn't have time, can't do it, etc, then I offer the *website build service* for the first 5 pages as an additional fee, then charge for additional pages etc after that [e.g. +5, +10].

It's working well!
                              I really think the new template will help alot with marketing the SiteStudio program with the hosting plans. It includes a whole section devoted just to SiteStudio, and even contains the SiteStudio template previews on the RSP template site! It's very exciting! There are several local businesses that are on the verge of hiring me to design their sites, but I think are hesitant because of the cost. If they can do it themselves, however, I think they'll jump on it. And because of the new SiteStudio section in the new RSP template, they'll be able to see what it's all about - explained simply and easily - before they purchase! As you can tell, I'm very pumped at this point!

----- SUGGESTION ------

And here's a tip for you all ... sending off snail mail is a great way to get the client's attention, especially the new biz owner, but how about adding something cool?

I've had success with this ... I look up their biz name as a domain name, and find 3 similar available names.

I type these potential website names in the introductory letter, in large bold font, to grab their attention. Then I go one step further ... I also have a laminator, so I type up one of the *available* domain names [the most obvious one] as a bookmark size, with the url along the length of a sheet of paper. I then add my own details [domain, phone etc] before printing, and then I laminated the strip.

I can fit 4-5 bookmarks on one sheet of paper, then laminate them together in a plastic laminate sleeve, and cut [guillotine] them so they look neat.

Popping this into the envelope really grabs their attention, and they can see you've gone to some trouble to research their biz name, even though the whole process takes a couple of minutes.

Voila! The potential customer is very impressed, it has hardly cost anything ... and they will KEEP the bookmark, simply because it is handy to use, and looks too good to chuck in the bin. And it won't get lost in their stack of biz cards waiting to be typed into their database.

Free tip for you all!

Ciao ciao
                              WebGirl
                              That's a very good suggestion for snail mail promotions! Unfortunately, I didn't get a single response from mine! But then again, I just included three pieces of paper, and I think the customization, as you suggest, will go much further in the clients' eyes. Plus, without failure, how would one learn anything at all?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! It's always nice to get input from someone who's so successful and, as nicesight4u put it, is just plain nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X