Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Did you make a webshop with SiteStudio? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you make a webshop with SiteStudio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you make a webshop with SiteStudio?

Did someone make a functioning webshop with SiteStudio? What payment processor did you use? Was it smoothe to implement? Can I see it?
    Thanks

Yes, I too would like to know if anyone else has done this.

Comment

Is there really noone who tried this?

Comment

I have implemented Paypal on quite a few of the Site Studio websites I've set up for clients, using the feature for *shopping* [Business style templates, New Page, choose Catalog].

It was very easy, I just posted an image of the item, typed a description, and in the field where it asked for the "buy now" link, I pasted the encrypted paypal code, and chose a button to appear.

In paypal you can have "instant purchase" for the one item, or "add to cart" so the customer can keep shopping - depends on your requirements.

Easy peasy.

In regard to setting up a whole store full of items, I'm working on one right now, which won't use the layout of the Site Studio website I've set up, but will be added as a linked page [by using the New Page, Generic, HTML only option].

The store page will look just like an online store.

Hope this helps,
        Cheers
        WebGirl
        Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

To be honest, I have tried using the site studio builder twice for two separate clients, but reverted back to styling it myself on account of it took longer to try and figure out the coding in using such an online program and the look and feel was not quite what they were looking for. So, until they make it a bit more functional and/or robust, I'll stick to developing and coding it all meself.

Comment

Yes this can be done, but you will need to implement a little HTML of your own. I built a page with NVU and then copied the HTML into SiteStudio. you need to have the html information from paypal. What I mean is that you can go onto Paypal and create a buynow button...then copy that info into the template you created then upload the whole thing as html into SiteStudio.

For an idea of what I am talking about please take a look at how I did it on my Lwoodpens page.....

There is no database created so it will work if you are not putting up hundreds of items. Hope this helps, if you need more info....you can contact me directly.......

Comment

Easier than you think!

Oh man, you guys are making it toooo hard!

It's really very very easy for Books etc - here's an example using Books at Amazon:

In your Business website in Site Studio:
              * create New Page
              * choose CATALOG page type
              * click ADD a product
              * type your paragraph heading [probably your product NAME]
              * select the image to be displayed
              * type some text about it

Now we get to the good bit ...

1. "Add Optional Buy Now Button"

This is where you can select a button to appear on the page, or add your own.

2. "Link to Shop:" - this is where you paste your AMAZON html code

3. "Button Description:" - this is the HTML ALT tag description

TIP!!
              To make this easy, when you set up your AMAZON code, direct it to the exact page of the product.

****** For Paypal ******

* Login to your account
              * click on Merchant Tools
              * scroll down page and click on *Buy Now Buttons*
              * fill in all the info for your product
              * create the button
              * now you will see two options on the screen
              * one is for html for websites, and the other is for emails
              * copy the one for emails
              * paste THIS code into your Site Studio page where it says *link to shop*
              * ps - you can also add *Target=New* to the html to make it open in a new browser window

1. Create your html code in paypal for each product
              2. paste it into *Link to shop* field in Site Studio for each product.

Hope this helps!!!

Ciao ciao
              WebGirl
              Last edited by Guest; 24-11-2005, 02:36 AM.

Comment

If you need fast and easy set-up of webshop with SiteStudio and seeking complete payment processing and support services, including an Internet Merchant Account or IPSP turnkey solution, chronopay.com offers advanced shopping cart technology. Their rates are highly competitive and affordable.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2005, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Shopping carts with Site Studio

Has anyone ever noticed that when you create a new page in SS, there is an option for a shopping cart?

It's called *Add-a-Cart*.

It's mentioned in the online Help Manual [available by clicking on the Question Mark on each SS page] in a few places.

I haven't used it myself, just thought I'd mention it.

I'm in the process of setting up a shopping cart for a client, free software, you can streamline to match your own or client website.

There are a few around - a free one which gets rave reviews on other forums is Mal's e-Cart at http://www.mals-e.com/

We also have shopping carts available in our Elefante scripts - I have heard OS Commerce, CubeCart and ZenCart are all really easy to setup.

Just have to make them look like the client website.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

PS - these are all free.

Ciao ciao
                  WebGirl

Comment

Working...
                  X