Joomla! & osCommerce Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla! & osCommerce Integration

Is anyone using Joomla! with osCommerce? I want to know if anyone can tell about integrating the two. I'd also like to know if anyone has had any success customing osCommerce to fit with their current site theme/look & feel.

Thanks for any and all help!

Hello

The only thing I saw as Joomla ans osC was a bridge - (wrapper mode).
    Not good looking and doesn't use your CSS by default.

Not sure if this will help, but I (we) use Virtuemart for Mambo/Joomla. All I have to say - GREAT COMPONENT and highly recommended. Works with your templates or design and if you go to www.virtuemart.com, you can download already integrated VM with the latest Joomla.

Give it a try and you will love it.

Our work in progress:
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

and go to Online Shop.

Comment

I used OSC stand alone before and it works pretty good. But with J! I am using VirtueMart integrated with it. I like it a lot better and the guy who created it is trying to get a team together to develop more so its going to be alot better in the vuture! Check out the link in my sig and you can see how it looks.

Comment

About 5 or 6 years ago i remember writing a piece on integration of different scripts/programs,(Must look it up again!)

For them to work anyway even near realistic they MUST be installed using the SAME db. otherwise it gets very messy, or your workload is high.

I must state though that i shy'ed away from OSCommerce,(Was'nt the best for customising!)

There are a lot more options available today than what there was then!

i would have to agree that VM suits Joomla.

BREZTECH

Comment

Yea J! and VM are very easy to customize. I built my template in about 30 minutes and customized VM's flypage in about 10.

Comment

What kept ya

BREZTECH

Comment

Hey now it was my first time using J! and VM thats why.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

I checked out Virtuemart and it rocks! Thanks for the input. I am currently, learning and customizing a demo site so I can eventually use those skills to implement on my own site.

Thanks all!

Comment

No problem if you need some help in VM I am kind of active in their forums but if no one answers pm me or email and I will try to help you the best I can.

Comment

I currently setting up Virtuemart with Joomla. Only problem when I turn on SEO and .htaccess file, my website do not work. Any idea ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by drambeau
                      I currently setting up Virtuemart with Joomla. Only problem when I turn on SEO and .htaccess file, my website do not work. Any idea ?

Thanks.
                      What you need is the htaccess.txt file on your server /Joomla root/
                      Create a text file on your desktop /htaccess.txt/, copy and paste the below text and when ready, overwrite with FTP the one you already have in Joomla root. Then rename it to .htaccess and when you refresh the remote FTP, this file will be gone. Nothing to worry about. Now, go to your Joomla admin and under config, change for SEF / last TAB and Save.

##
                      # @version $Id: htaccess.txt 1570 2005-12-29 05:53:33Z eddieajau $
                      # @package Joomla
                      # @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
                      # @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
                      # Joomla! is Free Software
                      ##

#
                      # mod_rewrite in use
                      #

RewriteEngine On

##
                      ## NOTE!
                      ## When using multiple Joomla sites or other web applications in sub-folders,
                      ## you must explicitly turn the RewriteEngine off or use the settings
                      ## recommended for the application
                      ##

# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
                      # is not directly related to physical file paths.
                      # Update YourJoomlaDirectory (just / for root)

RewriteBase /

#
                      # Rules
                      #

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|js|pl|txt)$
                      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                      RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

Comment

Hi Arthur,

Thanks. It's working now. Now, must try tweaking the SEO config.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X