Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 A Simple Script - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Simple Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple Script

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a login/password account which sends the client to a form to fill in, which then posts some of the results to a webpage?

I use sitestudio a lot and was wondering if this can be done within it. there is an option to write your own html in SiteStudio. Can someone tell me how this can be done by wrinting it in html?

I can create a form but only know how to email the results, but I want it to just post to a webpage instead.

I am new to programming and was toiling with the idea that I would have to use a database to do this, but I really don't know much about the databases either, so if I could avoid a database that would great.

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions? Thank you...

Have you considered using a CMS such as Joomla, Drupal or one of the many "Nuke" varieties? Some of these may be already set up for auto-install on your account. There is a little bit of a learning curve such as the different between a "module" and a "block" but once you get the basics figured out the sky's the limit. Each CMS has its own support community.

Comment

I agree with nwpowwow. Although my skills in web page designing isn't that fantastic(After all, I'm a business-commerce student), I've read quite a bit where you can do the things you're talking about and right now, CMS is the best way to go.

Comment

I Suggest you use joomla... i myself use it for our wedding/trade fair site.. learning curve is not that difficult...

CMS..it's the only way.. especially if you're not that good in programming

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Plato1
          I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a login/password account which sends the client to a form to fill in, which then posts some of the results to a webpage?

Why do you want the results to be posted to a web page?

I would think that you would want to capture the input data to a database (MySQL or some other) and then extract the data you needed for a web page.
          That way you would have the data "forever".

A CMS can do that for you. Depending on what data you want to capture you may have to modifiy the Registration/login screen to inculde the information you need.
          Some CMS systems do that easier than others. Picking a CMS system is not easy - there are sooooo many out there - some free - some cost - some good - some bad.

Good luck in your hunt. [I remember that there is a website that compares CMS systems and allows testing - does anbody have that URL?] Try http://www.opensourcecms.com

(ps - I use SMF for a forum and MKPORTAL as the portal (CMS) system for it.)
          Last edited by Guest; 15-11-2006, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for your input...I guess yes I have to do the database after all...and I am on a big learning curve....but thanks for your input.....btw is there a good website that explains the portals, nukes and etc....I am totally unfamiliar with all of those. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X