Database help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database help

Does anyone know how to get Dreamweaver to connect the the MySql database on our hosting servers? I have had guys from support trying to help me all day and they say it can't be done.

I am trying to set up a connection in dreamweaver so that I can view the database from within dreamweaver to create login boxes etc in php.

Does anyone out there know how this is done? Any help is much appreciated. thanks

Far as I know you need the database name, the username, the password to the database and the server address.

it should be something like

server: sup_remecenterXX.com

database name: username_database

your username..

and password..

But I don't really know since I've never tried it and I don't use dreamweaver.

Comment

Thanks for the input...that how it should work but dreamweaver is a littlemore complicated than that....when you are creating dynamic web pages.

Comment

Plato1, I am sorry, but what you are trying to do is not possible on our web hosting servers. We do not allow external connections to databases hosted on our servers. In other words, you can only connect to a database through a file/script that is located on the same server like PHPMyAdmin in your web hosting control panel or another script that you install into your web hosting account.

Comment

I think that would probably work....but how would I do that?? I mean get the script to work with PhPMyAdmin? I want trying create a login and database querries to it....and I am using dreamweaver because it will create the Php language for you.

Is there some other type of way I can do this or a program (preferably a free one) that will do this. Thank you.

Comment

Plato1, you can create or edit PHP scripts through Dreamweaver, however, the MySQL queries in these scripts will not work within Dreamweaver itself, since external MySQL queries are not allowed on our hosting servers. If the PHP script includes MySQL queries and they have been written correctly, the script will work, but only after it has been uploaded to the web hosting server.

Comment

If you use the ftp functions of Dreamweaver, you can set it so every time you save a file it then uploads the file to your server, then you can work on the files live while on the same server as your database.

Comment

hmm

We do not allow external connections to databases hosted on our servers
                In fact I dont know anyone who allows that on this day and time. You will have to let this question go. As stated above it just doesnt work that way.

Its similar to another common php question I hear people asking if they can

include("http://their-site.com/myscript.php");

You cant use a url leg while including content. The dreamweaver request above is kinda similar to this because if you could excute things like this then you could simply take over the world.

include("http://google.com/take-over-the-world.php");

Now I rule the world.. Long story short is that you just cant make request that would enable a method that in the wrong hands would cause metaphorically speaking world domination.

Comment

Working...
                X