Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Domain Checker - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain Checker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Checker

The remote form for the domain availability checker is in an iframe, is there anyway to have that same function without having to use an iframe?

Originally posted by Ashuva View Post
    The remote form for the domain availability checker is in an iframe, is there anyway to have that same function without having to use an iframe?
    Use the api

Comment

Maybe try contacting RSP by a ticket in your resellers console. They can sometimes help you or edit the script to make it work w/o iframe. Hope that helps...

Comment

Originally posted by The Loon View Post
        Use the api
        Yeah the API would let you do whatever you want, the downside is all the features you won't have. Fraud potection, payment system from RSP..etc Plus it's very difficult to setup.

Comment

i do what you ur wanting at my own site: http://www.syow.org

set your API into demo mode so you don't purchase anything by accident =)

then use the api to perform the domain checking
          set it up so that the results from the api calls are wrapped in links that link to the iframe remote order form - u can pass in values to the remote order form to set hte different fields in the order form

take a look at my site and run some test values and you'll see up the top the different params i pass to the remote order form.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            Yeah the API would let you do whatever you want, the downside is all the features you won't have. Fraud potection, payment system from RSP..etc
            You can use the api for all the content of your custom site and use the RSP remote forn to allow your customers to purchase hosting plans, this way you get the freedom of your site content and you get the fraud protection from RSP.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            Plus it's very difficult to setup.
            Thats a matter of knowlage, with a little knowlage of php and html, it isn't that hard.

Comment

That's true. Thanks for the tip

Comment

You can use the api for all the content of your custom site and use the RSP remote forn to allow your customers to purchase hosting plans, this way you get the freedom of your site content and you get the fraud protection from RSP.
                Sounds like a good idea to me

Comment

3rd party domain php scripts

Is anyone using a 3rd party php scripts for the domain search form. I have been playing around with a few but have not found a good one. I have one that is showing promise but it is limited. I would like to find one that gives you the whois info of a site that is taken plus forward to my iframe order form for available domains. The api is out for me I plan to sell domains and use rsp domains for hosting client signups. Please post your feedback. Thanks AJs
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2007, 06:20 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

Well one option is available that you buy a reseller account here at RSP and use it with the free ENOM account that you receive.

Comment

Here is some quick code for the domain name check using the API function. I hope this helps you all out. BTW this code will only work in PHP5 because it is using the function called 'simplexml' in PHP5.

PHP Code:
                      <?php

// second level domain - do not add the tld's ie. '.com'
                      $sld 'thedomainname';

// resellers panel setting
                      $config['rsp']['url'] = 'https://api.resellerspanel.com/index.php';
                      $config['rsp']['reseller_name'] = ''// your reseller username
                      $config['rsp']['p_value'] = ''// the 'p' value when you log in and go to the api setting

class RSP_CLASS {

// build rsp url

function rsp_url() {
                              global 
                      $config;

$out $config['rsp']['url'] . '?r=' $config['rsp']['reseller_name'] . '&p=' .

$config['rsp']['p_value'];
                              return 
                      $out;
                          }

// check domain name availability

function check_domain($sld) {

$rsp_url $this->rsp_url();

$out simplexml_load_file($rsp_url '&req_type=check_domain&sld=' $sld .

'&output=xml');
                              return 
                      $out;
                          }
                      }

// start the class
                      $class_rsp = new RSP_CLASS;

// get the domain check information
                      $data $class_rsp->check_domain($sld);

// show the information in an array
                      print ('<pre>');
                      print_r($data->check_domain);
                      print (
                      '</pre>');

// break down the array to show more information
                      foreach ($data->check_domain[0] as $key => $value) {
                          if (
                      $value == 1) {
                              echo 
                      "Domain Name: " $key " is availabe<br>\n";
                          }
                          else {
                              echo 
                      "Domain Name: " $key " is not availabe<br>\n";
                          }
                      }
                      ?>

Comment

I'm not sure if this is my scrip (don't think so though) but I am using the API to check domains it only returns results for .com, .net, .us and .biz what happend to .org and .info?

Comment

I do not know if they offer org and info domain names. I do not remember any so that might be the problem.

I could be wrong but i do not remember org or info being listed.

Comment

Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
                            I do not know if they offer org and info domain names. I do not remember any so that might be the problem.

I could be wrong but i do not remember org or info being listed.
                            They do offer .org and .info, and as if by magic they have returned in my domain search.

Comment

The Loon, you are right. There were some issues with the reseller API earlier, that should be resolved by now and the API should be working normally right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X