Domain Checker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Loon View Post
    I am using the API to check domains it only returns results for .com, .net, .us and .biz what happend to .org and .info?
    Looks like the problem has returned.

Comment

The Loon, I have checked through an API demo and it seems that at the moment it works fine. However, I have noticed that sometimes the domain search script takes a while to return the results and some of the top-level domain name extensions are missing from the returned results. I suppose that the issue is due to a timeout of the domain search script and have forwarded a report about it to the development team.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        The Loon, I have checked through an API demo and it seems that at the moment it works fine. However, I have noticed that sometimes the domain search script takes a while to return the results and some of the top-level domain name extensions are missing from the returned results. I suppose that the issue is due to a timeout of the domain search script and have forwarded a report about it to the development team.
        The results seem to be returning fine again, but earlier the results did return quite quickly but with the missing tld's. The API also used to strip the tld fron the domain name if it was input this way, but now it just returns no result. I had already posted a ticket and am waiting reply.

Comment

The Loon, I have spoken with the development department about this issue. It turns out that the problem is related to the eNom API, which sometimes returns results for only four of the supported domain name extentions and somtimes returns results for only two domain name extentions (instead of six as it should). The issue is arises not only with domain availability checks trough the reseller API, but with domain availability checks through the remote domain search form or the domain searches through reseller templates. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it since the reason for the issue is somwhere in the eNom API code or servers.

Comment

i'm using the remote forms because i still want to use the RSP Fraud protection and their payment system, but i have adapted the code for the the domain from the template so i dont have to use the iframe.
            Code:
                    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                      <tr>
                        <td width="360"><table width="377" height="97" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="domain">
                          <tr>
                            <th align="center" valign="middle" scope="col"><form action="http://**********.com/?r=[COLOR="Red"]storenamehere[/COLOR]&action=f_order" method='post' style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" target="Domains">
                                <table width="278" height="97"  border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr>
                                    <td><table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                        <tr>
                                          <td>Check Your Domain Availability</td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table></td>
                                  </tr>
                                  <tr>

<td height="36"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                        <tr>
                                          <td width="38"><strong class="white10">www.</strong></td>
                                          <td width="192"><input type="text" name="sld" style="width: 183px; height: 19px; background-image: url(images/bg_input.jpg); border: 1px solid #314181;" /></td>
                                          <td><input type="image" src="images/search_button.gif" name="Search2" value="search" /></td>
                                        </tr>
                                        <tr>
                                          <td height="21">&nbsp;</td>

<td colspan="2"><table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                              <tr>
                                                <td width="14"><input name="radiobutton" type="radio" value="radiobutton" /></td>
                                                <td class="white11" width="97">New Registration</td>
                                                <td width="14"><input name="radiobutton" type="radio" value="radiobutton" /></td>
                                                <td class="white11">Transfer Domain</td>
                                              </tr>
                                          </table></td>

</tr>
                                    </table></td>
                                  </tr>
                                  <tr>
                                    <td>&nbsp;</td>
                                  </tr>
                                </table>
                            </form></th>
                          </tr>

</table>
            thats what i have done. just mess with the coding to get it how you want it.

How it works is it justs posts the data to the order form that is used in the iframe.

p.s make sure you put your store id in.
            Last edited by chaphosting; 29-07-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chaphosting View Post
              i'm using the remote forms because i still want to use the RSP Fraud protection and their payment system, but i have adapted the code for the the domain from the template so i dont have to use the iframe.
              Code:
                      <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                        <tr>
                          <td width="360"><table width="377" height="97" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="domain">
                            <tr>
                              <th align="center" valign="middle" scope="col"><form action="http://**********.com/?r=[COLOR="Red"]storenamehere[/COLOR]&action=f_order" method='post' style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" target="Domains">
                                  <table width="278" height="97"  border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr>
                                      <td><table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                          <tr>
                                            <td>Check Your Domain Availability</td>
                                          </tr>
                                      </table></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>

<td height="36"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                          <tr>
                                            <td width="38"><strong class="white10">www.</strong></td>
                                            <td width="192"><input type="text" name="sld" style="width: 183px; height: 19px; background-image: url(images/bg_input.jpg); border: 1px solid #314181;" /></td>
                                            <td><input type="image" src="images/search_button.gif" name="Search2" value="search" /></td>
                                          </tr>
                                          <tr>
                                            <td height="21">&nbsp;</td>

<td colspan="2"><table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                                                <tr>
                                                  <td class="white11" width="97">New Registration</td>
                                                  <td class="white11">Transfer Domain</td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table></td>

</tr>
                                      </table></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                      <td>&nbsp;</td>
                                    </tr>
                                  </table>
                              </form></th>
                            </tr>

</table>
              thats what i have done. just mess with the coding to get it how you want it.

How it works is it justs posts the data to the order form that is used in the iframe.

p.s make sure you put your store id in.
              cheers man

Comment

Thanks.

I will try it. It will be alot better than a iframe.

Comment

If your interested in how to make the form submission come up in a different window so you can still use the secure duo-servers ssl certificate.
                  For an example of what i mean have a look at the domain search here http://chap.madpage.com (soon to be the new website, not done yet).

Comment

Working...
                  X