Magento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magento

Hi, I see that Magento Hosting is an option shown in the Softaculous Apps Installer area of the cPanel manager page – I have my site hosted elsewhere so I do not use the RP brand panel (Hepsia). I am wondering why it is not offered as a 1-click install like the other apps there on the RP brand panel (Hepsia) for the customers? When I go to the order form page, the Magento is not listed as a 1-click install option like the rest of the eCommerce apps.

I would like to add Magento as a 1-click install, but if there is a problem with getting this 1-click install setup for Magento and putting it on the order form, then I won't.
    In order to compete with the other hosting companies out there, I want to show all the possible offerings on my site so the customer is aware of all their options. If they do not see the option they are looking for, they will move on elsewhere.

If it is under the Softaculous Apps Installer - is that a 1-click install? I am trying to figure out if I will be able to actually offer this Magento as a 1-click install somehow on my site? I just checked Hostgator.com -- they offer 1-click install of Magento here -- http://www.hostgator.com/apps/magento-hosting. I also saw other sites offering this feature also. I found this page for installing it - http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/...stallation.htm

Good point, I cant see it on the order form or in the Hepsia CP. I would open a support ticket and ask for it. The Community Edition is available here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/download

+1 for me

Comment

Hey guys.

I have contacted our Developers with the request to integrate the Magento script into the Elefante Application Installer.

There were some troubles with the previous versions that did not allow the integration in the past.

I will be contacting you later with an update of the situation.

Best Regards,
      Tom.

Comment

+1 me as well. I have a new client who wants me to port over his Magento site, but I don't know if it will be worth the hassle.. Does anyone know if Magento will even run on a shared server? I understand the software eats up resources..

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ghost.

YES! Magento can be installed and used on our Shared Hosting Servers - no problem.

The software is consuming a lot of resources, as you have stated, however if there are no hundreds and thousands of products - it is OK.

If the shop gets popular - there is no problem in upgrading and automatically migrating the Shared Hosting Service to a superior service.

As for integrating the Magento to our Application Installer - I have escalated the request to our Developers and they are currently working on it.

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
            As for integrating the Magento to our Application Installer - I have escalated the request to our Developers and they are currently working on it. Best Regards, Tom.
            Hi Tom! Any news on this? Best regards

Comment

Hello.

Thank you for your patience.

For now, Magento cannot be implemented into our Application Installer.

The installation requires a lot of system resources and our Developers cannot ensure the process will be flawlessly working anytime.

If there is an update of the situation I will let you know.

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Hello Tom, I'm not familiar with this ecommerce app and the resources needed. What exactly is required to run it then? Could it be setup to install only on VPS, Semi-dedicated and dedicated servers using hespia control panels? I'm not looking to use it but I am curious.

Comment

+1, donerite. I am curious as well.

Comment

+ 2 - Could be a relevant sales point...

Comment

I use magento without any problem on shared hosting.

Comment

Just install it the regular way, it should work on shared hosting but it would depend on how busy your eCommerce site is.

System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems:
                        • Linux x86, x86-64

Supported Web Servers:
                        • Apache 1.3.x
                        • Apache 2.0.x
                        • Apache 2.2.x
                        • Nginx (starting from Magento 1.7 Community and 1.12 Enterprise versions)

Supported Browsers:
                        • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and above
                        • Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above
                        • Apple Safari 5 and above on Mac only
                        • Google Chrome 7 and above
                        • Adobe Flash browser plug-in should be installed

PHP Compatibility:
                        • 5.2.13 - 5.3.24, 5.4.x with patch
                        • Required extensions:
                          • PDO_MySQL
                          • simplexml
                          • mcrypt
                          • hash
                          • GD
                          • DOM
                          • icony
                          • curl
                          • SOAP (if Webservices API is to be used)
                        • Safe_mode off
                        • Memory_limit no less than 256Mb (preferably 512)

MySQL:
                        • EE 1.13.0.0 or later: MySQL 5.0.2 or newer
                        • EE 1.12.0.2 or earlier: MySQL 4.1.20 or newer
                        • CE (all versions): MySQL 4.1.20 or newer

Redis NoSQL (optional for CE 1.8 and later, EE 1.13 and later)
                        • redis-server version 2.6.9 or later
                        • phpredis version 2.2.2 or later

SSL:
                        • If HTTPS is used to work in the admin, SSL certificate should be valid. Self-signed SSL certificates are not supported

Server - hosting - setup:
                        • Ability to run scheduled jobs (crontab) with PHP 5
                        • Ability to override options in .htaccess files

Source : http://magento.com/resources/system-requirements
                        Of course to provide https:// you would need to purchase a dedicated IP and SSL Certificate

Comment

Actually clivejo, after some time with google, this seems to be a fairly popular ecommerce script... owned by ebay no less... I'm just curious as to what about it is more resource intensive than say wordpress, drupal, vTiger, pretashop that is already in our script installer for shared hosting.... And as RSP thinks the script is too resource intensive for shared hosting if it can be offered for vps, semi-dedicated and dedicated plans which are better suited for intensive ecommerce sites than standard shared accounts....

Plus, I would expect most people would not deal with manually installing the script when there are other hosts that offer auto installation or pre-configured ecommerce plans with magento pre-installed..

I notice one of their hosting partners Nexcess offers magento shared accounts plus magento reseller accounts and they are not cheap by no means... http://www.nexcess.net/magento-hosting .

Maybe offering pre-configured ecommerce services such as this would be a way to get a foot in the door so to speak instead of offering a auto install for every hespia account..

Matter of fact why not just create an additional category of hosting with plans preconfigured for ecommerce that include ssl and an dedicated IP for every ecommerce script we already offer plus add magento installation to these plans alone... this way these accounts could be kept off servers with standard shared accounts...
                          Last edited by doneritehosting; 15-02-2014, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Some installation scripts just aren't designed to be automated for this type of install. I would reckon the problem is not resources but the many options the installation script asks to properly configure your eStore. The website actually want to capture your details (sign up for an account) before you download anything as well, this might be a licencing requirement, I'm not sure.

It really isnt that complicated, just upload the small installer script to your newly prepared hosting space and run it. The installer will connect to the download site and download the latest version, then run the configuration/setup script for you.

Comment

If it can be installed automatically with Softaculous, an alternate installer to Fantastico for cpanel accounts.... ???? I understand what you are saying clive about using the manual script installer... but I doubt you would try to compete in the hosting niche today telling a client they have to manually install wordpress before or after purchasing services...

Comment

Working...
                              X