Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would an eCommerce store be a better solution for our resellers store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would an eCommerce store be a better solution for our resellers store?

I have been thinking about the RSP plugin for Wordpress and were it is great for content, it is pretty rubbish for eCommerce. This got me thinking, why not take an open source eCommerce application and write modules to link to the RSP API. This would in theory be able to get the prices and keep them updated to display on the store. You could use whatever payment processor the eCommerce software supported (usually added via plug-ins) and then write a module/plug-in to actually place the orders via the API.

Most offer discount codes, vouchers and gift cards out of the box which is something a lot of resellers would like to see.

What are your thoughts on this?

I bow to your wisdom clivejo!! upsells, coupons, anything pretty much is possible here and branded ssl secured subdomains too...

Comment

well I know Magento has a Wordpress integration plug-in. Maybe it could handle the back end ordering etc

Comment

We are on the same page but with footnotes lol! Need to have branded ssl secured order pages or branded shopping carts too.

Comment

If you buy a SSL for the store and it will all be SSL padlocked and then you could use the payment method by adding what ever payment processor you want. I'm actually playing with OpenCart at the moment. It has an eBay import tool which takes items you list on ebay store and lists them in your OpenCart store. Im trying to modify it to connect to the RSP API and download the products and prices for sale, and add them to the store. I can then get the store to display the prices with vat included.

Comment

If you have a physical store, you are limited by the geographical area that you can service. With an ecommerce website, the whole world is your playground. Additionally, the advent of mcommerce, i.e., ecommerce on mobile devices, has dissolved every remaining limitation of geography. Physical retail is driven by branding and relationships. In addition to these two drivers, online retail is also driven by traffic from search engines. It is not unusual for customers to follow a link in search engine results, and land up on an ecommerce website that they have never heard of. This additional source of traffic can be the tipping point for some ecommerce businesses. You can see more examples here **Removed Spam**
            Last edited by clivejo; 21-08-2014, 12:05 PM. Reason: Spam Removal

Comment

So, @aengusafton... you can tell by the thread we know what an ecommerce website is. Further, why would you simply cut/past vague and unhelpful content directly from here: http://ecommerce.about.com/od/eComme...-Ecommerce.htm ? Oh wait, I think I know, but i dont' want to buy custom gates.

besides plagerizing... i suspect you're up to no good.

EDIT: oh good job guys... i see the proud BANNDED badge - thanks
              Last edited by theLarry; 21-08-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry Larry, that one got through!! Bleeding spammers
                Last edited by clivejo; 21-08-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Hi guys.

In my thoughts - yes, it would be a better solution.

It is not such a big deal to connect the Buy Now button to the API buy now for a specific plan.

As donerite said - "upsells, coupons, anything pretty much is possible", which is a big plus.

I have tried it with WordPress and the woocommerce eCommerce plugin.

Best Regards,
                  Tom.

Comment

Tom,

Would RSP consider writing a plugin for e commerce software?

Comment

Working...
                    X