Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Hosting for my Wordpress site

Hi,
    I have a website with 2000 daily traffic, I am currently using jagaur pc vps, but it seems to be getting overloaded I am considering Amazon AWS as a viable option.
    What could be the cost that I would incur on a monthly basis. My images are hosted on picasa, but I have about 5000 posts.

What do you mean 2000 daily traffic, is that data i.e. 2Gb of traffic or 2,000 hits?

I cant imagine Picasa being happy about hotlinking to images! What specs are you using currently ie CPU, disk space, traffic in Gb?

Comment

mind to tell what cp you run, php handler and the traffic information ?

Comment

For one are you running on any kind of content management system such as wordpress joomla or the sort? I dont have any experiance with joomla but I do know the amount of plugins you have active on wordpress can drive you to get a dedicated server real quick...
        Perhaps it be best if you are forward with your website platform configuration as well as your actual hosting platform specs for the best help and advice. two very knowledgeable forum members have already replied back to your post that can help you.

Just me lol
        Last edited by doneritehosting; 13-01-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          What do you mean 2000 daily traffic, is that data i.e. 2Gb of traffic or 2,000 hits?

I cant imagine Picasa being happy about hotlinking to images! What specs are you using currently ie CPU, disk space, traffic in Gb?
          2000 visitors per day, I am not sure about the bandwidth usuage probably near about 50 GB per month

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
            mind to tell what cp you run, php handler and the traffic information ?
            I am using a cpanel and running a php site on wordpress

Comment

Originally posted by nancy29 View Post
              I am using a cpanel and running a php site on wordpress
              what about your php handler ?

if you're using fcgi, are you using apache2_mpm_worker ?

what's your server configuration ? and your current load time and memory usage.

Comment

I doubt cloud hosting will help you in any way, my best guess is you currently have a bottleneck somewhere that needs to be dealt with. Assuming your caching plugin works properly, there shouldn't be any problems, because after the first time a page is requested it should be cached, along with its comments.

Comment

Cloud hosting allows you to pay for what you use, since you are not able to predict your visits and you have such visits, it's best to go for something stable. Cloud should be great for you.

Comment

Originally posted by smartblogger View Post
                    Cloud hosting allows you to pay for what you use, since you are not able to predict your visits and you have such visits, it's best to go for something stable. Cloud should be great for you.
                    So are you recommending the cloud or not?

To Do or Not To Do... That is the Question

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X