No announcement yet.

wordpress and the order form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not mentioning my attempts clivejo lmao! The WP themes are much better, at least there is a foundation to build on. This is more like remodeling

Comment

Just published the updated wordpress hosting page clivejo http://www.doneritehosting.net/wordpress-hosting/ ... If you see anything out of whack lemme know... I'll probably do Joomla tomorrow if everything looks good on your end..
      Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Seems to be working!

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion, I have done some change in plugin code and with that we can change all scripts with just adding
          Code:
          script="***" so banner code would look like [script_hosting_banner type="joomla" script="461"]
          here is my test http://www.smhood.com/joomla-web-hosting/

in resellerspanel.php find
          Code:
          // display script hosting banner
          function rp_script_hosting_banner($atts)
          {
          and add script
          Code:
              global $rp_info, $rp_path, $rp_api_error;
              if (isset($rp_api_error)) return '<div class="updated fade" style="color:#CC0000;"><p><strong >Plugin has experience error</strong> <br /> '.$rp_api_error.'</p></div>';
              extract( shortcode_atts( array(
                  'type' => '',
                  'plan' => '',
                  [B]'script' => ''[/B]
              ), $atts ) );
          next add in script_hosting_banner.php
          change last code of form into
          Code:
                 <input name="plan" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $plan;?>" />
               <input name="script" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $script;?>" />
              </form></div></div>
          it should speed changing pages
          bad thing is if new plugin comes without this changes you have to change agan this two files

Comment

I tried to visit your store, but Im getting the following error:

Content Encoding Error - The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Comment

Same result here

Comment

oops, seems gzip dont work ?????

Comment

gzip works on my site :/

EDIT : Strange, its opens in Opera and Chrome, but not in Firefox

Have a look on http://browsershots.org it shows what a page looks like in different browsers.

Comment

No its worked on my firefox and chrome checked yesterday.
                    Now I have problem with gzip strange on all browsers when i trun off gzip in w3 total its seems all ok

Comment

Nice trick bandzy banner works good on my end!

Got my joomla page finished a few minutes ago. I was playing with the domain search hoping I could cause domain searches from these pages default with a chosen plan and script. Works terrific with choosing a different plan but no luck so far with passing the script parameter to it. <input type="hidden" name="plan" value="42211" /> passes the parameters... this would be the finishing touch.. I'll play some more tomorrow eve with it

Comment

Thanks how you progress with domain?

Comment

• doneritehosting
                          doneritehosting commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not good bandzy, I have not been able to get it to work using the domain search form.. The signup page will accept the raw parameters from a url though.. see my response to clivejo below for the url.

Seems to be working for the domain search

http://www.doneritehosting.net/order...&stop_search=1

Its a shame that there couldnt be a popup or an arrow indicating how to order hosting as well. I think a lot of clients get to this point and dont know that the other services are on other tabs. What do you think?

Comment

• doneritehosting
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree clivejo... and you have a great idea there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	progressbar.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	55501

Sorry by step > step order form I mean you have a number of clear steps to complete the order.

1) Select which service you want
                        2) Select the domain / domains
                        3) Enter account information and WHOIS details
                        4) Payment details
                        5) Account success or failure

Comment

Actually clivejo the domain name search on the apps pages are working fine... but not the way I wish to modify them.

What I am trying to get the domain search form to do off each of the application pages is to pass the tld, the sld (which it does) change the domain manager plan to a hosting plan (this works) and the relevant script install for the page, in this case wordpress, (I cannot get this to work) for some reason the scrit parameter gets lost between the domain search form, domain search landing page, and signup page. Example functional url http://www.doneritehosting.net/order...&stop_search=1

My reasoning behind this is if a visitor is searching a domain from one of the app pages they are also wanting the domain and a hosting plan with the app installed on order completion. Why not send them to a order page where everything is preselected for them? They can change the plan if they want to on the signup page if need be, I prefer to do it with my best value plan.. I think this is better than searching a domain name from the wordpress hosting page and getting sent to domain manager section of the order form with extra steps to perform while advertising "automatic application install" on the page.
                          Last edited by doneritehosting; 14-12-2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• clivejo
                            clivejo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Very true. Leave the order form as simple as possible! The domain search is an actual script in the plugin. you would need to program it with a pass-through variable. For example, when you click the button to search for a domain name, the script number is passed to the domain search script/function. This then needs to pass the value through and spit it back out the other side.

• doneritehosting
                            Editing a comment
                            Hmmm, I was hoping it would turn out to be simpler than that.. I don't have the coding skill to rewrite the whole domain registration script lol...

In resellerspanel/templates/domains/domain_results.php it looks like someone was trying to do this anyway, must be broken

Code:
                          var orderURL = '<?php echo $rp_signup_url; if(!$get_params_string) echo '?';?>&tld=%tld%&domain_type=%domain_type%&sld=%sld%&plan=<?php echo (int)$_POST['plan'];?>&stop_search=1';

If this was edited to

Code:
                          var orderURL = '<?php echo $rp_signup_url; if(!$get_params_string) echo '?';?>&tld=%tld%&domain_type=%domain_type%&sld=%sld%&plan=<?php echo (int)$_POST['plan'];?>&script=<?php echo (int)$_POST['script'];?>&stop_search=1';

That change, should (in theory), pass through the script=value and make it work!

Comment

Working...
                          X