Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wordpress and the order form

Hello,

I installed the wordpress plugin and it's great, thanks for the developers who did that they did really a great job in that.

But:
    - we need some kind of wordpress forum that every body can help or learn from every body that will be great.

- if I want to change in the order form it doesn't do anything;
    for example:
    I want to change the pre-installed script to be the default chosen is the wordpress
    I found the ( function script_options() ) in the (rp_features.php) page and what ever I do in that page it's like that it's no use of it.
    Or
    If I want to make the first appear country is Egypt instead of United state.
    how/where to do that?

the plugin is doing a great by adding the 158 pages but it's more complicated than the "ResellersPanelAPIOrderForm"

hope somebody can help me in that.

Do you mean in order form?

Comment

Just so you know we do have a sub-forum dedicated to Wordpress (RSP themes and plugin)

http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...mes-and-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by elhashmy View Post
        - if I want to change in the order form it doesn't do anything;
        for example:
        I want to change the pre-installed script to be the default chosen is the wordpress
        I found the ( function script_options() ) in the (rp_features.php) page and what ever I do in that page it's like that it's no use of it.
        Or
        If I want to make the first appear country is Egypt instead of United state.
        how/where to do that?

the plugin is doing a great by adding the 158 pages but it's more complicated than the "ResellersPanelAPIOrderForm"

hope somebody can help me in that.
        The order form is pulled in from a remote site. There are a few threads in how to manipulate the order form, including how to replace the Liquidnet address and default the country. My internet is on a go slow so I cant find them for you. Use the search function to find the posts on the forum or maybe another member will provide the links for you. **pokes mr donerite**

Comment

Master clivejo,
          As requested:

Manipulating the order form address | http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...uidnet-address

Another Order Form Thread | http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...368-order-form

Order form parameter tld= "" | http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...pi-problem-bug

Thats enough to get started or rather the search results I am getting are replicates of the above 3 posts...

I've also been curious of this because from a page like this doneritehosting.net/wordpress-hosting/ I would like the order form to default to installing wordpress for obvious reasons So far I have not found a parameter that will work, Its like trying to win the powerball lottery.

From the way I have seen the url work taking you to the order form with products, you should just have to add a parameter to the url to pass on the chosen script to the order form. Also I have noticed a few undocumented things you can do with the short codes like for displaying alternate plan boxes.

Something similar might be possible with defaulting to the country Egypt.

Maybe yan or tom alexander will jump in on this and let us know if these types of parameters currently exists with a heads up of how to implement them in the themes
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 10-12-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

OK You need to edit the file /resellerspanel/templates/order.php For handyness sake use the built in editor in Wordpress. Dashboard>Plugins>Plugin Editor then find the file.

Look for the following code

PHP Code:
            http://<?=$rp_info['store_name']?>.**********.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']

and change it to

PHP Code:
            http://<?=$rp_info['store_name']?>.**********.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&country=EG&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']

There are two occurrences, you should change both adding country=EG& . Save the file and reload the order form, it should now default to Egypt.

Comment

clive this method will not work for what i want to do do you know the parameter for setting a deault installatin app on the order page? I can make things work from there I think.

Comment

Mr Donerite,

Add &script=467 to the URL which should auto select WordPress 3.7

Comment

Thanks clivejo for the information!

Where are you getting the numbers revelant to the scripts and version?

It's possible to do what I wanted here is a test page I have done http://www.doneritehosting.net/start-plan/

The Banner and all plans in the table send you to the order page with wordpress 3.7 pre-selected to install upon order.

2nd, I don't blame RSP for coding this the way they did... these themes and plugin are created for little maintenance and no automatic information or price updates for products will happen from the api anymore with this modification.

The pro is you have direct access to the page html.

**Edit**
                  I found them, duh, view the page source for the order form lmao!
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-12-2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

nice work where did you put code?

Comment

Change the URL for the buttons. For example, all the links on that page append &script=467 to the link URL.

Then say you want to pre-select the domain name, you can link to the domain manager plan and append &tld=co.uk to all the links on your .co.uk page. This will change the order form depending on where the customer has linked from.

Comment

It's Intricate bandzy, you have to create a test page with wordpress and lets say you want to set the wordpress hosting page http://www.doneritehosting.net/wordpress-hosting/ to preselect the wordpress script plus the order button on the Banner as well... I've not updated this page with the new code yet, I'm still creating backups of all the pages I want to change like this

you copy each shortcode 1 at a time to the test page save the page then view it in a new window. View the source code for that page. The html that particular shortcode pulls to the page is there. You can copy then paste it to notepad or you can create another new page with wordpress to paste it to. After you have done this with all the shortcodes you can modify the code inbetween the <form> </form> tags to pass the script parameter to the order form.

For example the default banner code inside the <form> </form> you will look for is <input name="plan" type="hidden" value="4308" /> right beside it paste or type <input name="script" type="hidden" value="467" /> this will pass the script parameter when the order button is clicked from the banner.

The rest of the <form></form> tags are different you are looking for. look for plan "starter" value "4308" you will change these to <input name="plan" type="hidden" value="4308" /> <input name="script" type="hidden" value="467" /> respectively
                        ***Important Edit!!*** The form tags do not change until you start editing the overlay!!! Must have had brain lag when I posted last night, sorry people!

Try all this on test pages you create bandzy till you get the results you want, this modification will take some trial and error Be sure to use your own plan values, a couple of mine are custom, the one in the examples is for a fact.

The overlay for compare plans is done the same way.
                        Last edited by doneritehosting; 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Agreed, this is definely not an ideal way to do things!! We are hacking at the code and every-time RSP update the plug-in we will lose the changes. But as a reseller we want to be able to customize our stores for our unique businesses. The ability to have a customer sign up and pre-install Wordpress is a god send not to mention a great marketing tool. I wish we had more flexibility over how the order form works and a more fluid, step => step feel

Comment

• doneritehosting
                            doneritehosting commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Look at it this way we are beta testers without the title New horizons will be viewed from our efforts

• doneritehosting
                            doneritehosting commented
                            Editing a comment
                            step => step feel = documentation

I agree with you clivejo, but these themes are basicly written to self maintain for a beginning reseller with pricing updates and such being on autopilot.. to accomplish this one feature rsp would have to write several new php files for the banners and the apps page plan tables, they probably will in the future which is why I'm backing up my original pages but this works right now lol.. It could be worse but it is time consuming making the changes.

Comment

It beats writing all the pages in PHP/HTML by hand like we had to do before the Wordpress plug-in was launched!! At least with a bit of hacking together the end result looks way better than any of my attempts!!

Comment

Working...
                            X