Mambo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mambo?

I was looking into Mambo and it seems that there is very little support for it now. Can anyone tell me if Mambo still a viable option to use?

in my opinion no, after the Joomla! split it became the highly developed (current) branch of that family. RIP Mambo. Other opinions may certainly vary.

Comment

Dead and buried...

Last Stable release: 4.6.5 [1] / June 26, 2008

I would advise you look for a different option, there are many.

Best Regards,
      Tom.

Comment

Then the obvious question is, why is RSP offering all the free Mambo Themes? Is there another use for them?

Comment

Better question would be why Mambo CMS has not been replaced entirely in the application installer for something else "Not Dead And Buried"....

Comment

There are probably some old folks who like it and swear by it, and will continue to use it until they are dead and buried! *is careful not to look at anyone in particular*

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
              There are probably some old folks who like it and swear by it, and will continue to use it until they are dead and buried! *is careful not to look at anyone in particular*

Comment

Hello.

"There are probably some old folks who like it and swear by it"

- Exactly! Thanks.

vlasi - I said Dead and buried in terms of further developing, otherwise it is safe to use (at least for now).

Best Regards,
                Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                  ... it is safe to use (at least for now).
                  wouldn't one be a bit concerned about vulnerability on a final release that old?

Comment

theLarry, yes and no. Some of the older software was "built to last" and didn't have all the fancy, modern stuff to give the hackers some leverage. Sometimes simple is better.

Im not saying Id use software this far out of date. But I can see why some folk would stick with what they know.

Comment

Working...
                    X