Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggling Display of Domain Name Options

Hi!
    I have a newly installed wordpress themed site which I am in the process of optimising for display and marketing strategy. I'd like to display a domain name option page as a part of my top level menu options, but I'd like to alter the display attributes. Currently, on page load the top option (Domain Name) displays as an extended list, and the other two options (Domain Name & Hosting and Domain TLD Details) are hidden and must be selected for them to display. I'd like to have all three options hidden when the page loads (that way a visitor will be able to immediately see the three options, without scrolling down), and also for the display of the options to 'toggle' Currently, once selected the options remain visible and cannot be closed back to become hidden.
    This is the page I'd like to adjust: Buy Domain Names
    Can anybody help with this?
    Find your domain with Foxsch Hosting – our domain names search will look in more than 50 TLDs with discounted price. Our control panel comes with lots of free tools and grants complete control over your domains.

Happy Early Next Holiday this will open the page with all 3 selections closed. I do not know of a way to let a user toggle them all closed again once opened

<div id="domain-sidebar">[domain_extensions_accordion active="4"]</div>
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 10-03-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hiya - Thank you for the wishes and response!
      I'm not so concerned that the panels can be toggled, so this snippet will be ideal, visitors will see all three options at first glance.
      But I'm not sure where exactly it should be written?
      As far as I can work out; the .php is all written in: ../resellerspanel/templates/domains/ (and the .css in the theme stylesheet?).
      Which file this should be added to?

Comment

Just edit the page in you want the new shortcode in with the wordpress editor.... you will see a similar shortcode close to the bottom of the page. replace it save it and you should be good to go..

Comment

Don't forget to back up your site before making any changes to the code...

Comment

Simplicity itself! Thank You.
            I had been banging my head out for some hours on how to adjust that, and had never once thought to look in the wordpress page itself.
            Can I ask why the signifier is "=4"? I would understand "0" (or "1") maybe as a boolean open/close operative, but '4'?
            Where is that drawn from?
            @iads - Hi, thank you for the reminder - at the first possible chance I should make a child theme with 'Hosting Zen'.
            There are many suggestions and hints throughout the files - so there is no excuse!

Comment

1-3 defaults a particular menu to drop down when the page is opened.... I tried 0 but that also just defaults to one of the 3 menus being open (I cant remember which) 4 works for the desired result but I dont think its actually a intended function of the shortcode rather the variable 4 cannot be processed and it defaults to all menus showing closed..... thats what I am guessing anyhow..... clivejo can better answer that question, I would like to know for sure if he gets a second or two to give his opinion..

Comment

That makes sense ~ I was thinking it might be called from somewhere in the accordion php files.
                I have had a fair amount of experience with wordpress/plugins but this combo has thrown up some entirely newlearning curves.

Comment

Working...
                X