Windows 10 Is Free - Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Is Free - Today

I just heard about this, and now it's almost over, so I thought that I would help spread the word. This is not spam. I swear that I don't work for Microsoft.

You can Google it or follow the link below.

I just installed it on my mothers laptop. They finally brought back the start menu!!

It was only released yesterday and already there were 2 "important" updates for it. With 8.1 I was fed up wasting time waiting for updates to install and/or configure!

Comment

I did try it, then stopped trying it and downloaded FireFox and set it as default browser! If that's M$'s fastest browser yet, they need to fix their timers! In fact Windows in general seems to have no notion of time. When you have a progress bar that jumps about going backwards and forwards at random, why bother! Just replace it with a ticking clock so I can go and do something else, like sleep or knit a jumper.

Comment

Ill be sticking to Linux on my own computer. I just dont understand why and cant tolerate Windows needing to reboot every five minutes to install something! I can go weeks without rebooting in Linux!

On my Linux box I have multiple desktops and can open numerous applications all at the same time, on different monitors. Its just so much more productive! I'm not a gamer so I dont miss Windows in the slightest. Penguin Power!!

Comment

Hmmm been using win 10 on my mac via insider in a vm several months and liked it... makes me regret now that i got rid of my win 8.1 notebook cuz of the free 10 upgrade, I knew in the long run I would regret that "slap me". Using the current win10 mobile build 166 on my nokia icon and I love it,cant wait for the next build and improvements.. spartan may be "rough at present" but it already works way better on mobile than internet explorer and is not yet a finished product (even Microsoft admits that) especially since mobile build 166 released where rendering on facebook pages was fixed. Myself I'm looking for a cheap win 7 or 8 machine thats affordable locally to get ten on the desktop. I like win10 myself... alot better than osx yosemite matter of fact.

Nova-Host just did the upgrade first hand... Jump in anytime with your impressions
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 31-07-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know of an offline upgrader? For example an iso to burn to DVD? A lot of my neighbours are on slow/metered connections and the download is 3-4Gb which eats up a huge chunk of their allowance!

Comment

When I get back from the hospital tonite I can check and see if the ISO is available on insider..... best I can do clivejo

Comment

windows 7 iso, how to reinstall windows 7, how to restore windows 7, download windows 7 iso, restore windows 7, software recovery, software restore, operating system recovery, Microsoft software recovery, Windows 7 software recovery, Windows 7 operating system recovery, Microsoft operating system recovery, Microsoft recovery, Windows 7 ISO, Windows 7 ISO image, Windows 7, restore Windows 7, reinstall windows 7, re-download Windows 7, Windows 7 disc image

If you have to join insider first for the above url to work, https://insider.windows.com/

Comment

Nope, can download an ISO file from that link Thanks Mr DoneRite

Comment

You are welcome Master Clivejo hehe..

Comment

I was wrong about it almost being over, I misread the year. It's over in July 2016. I just upgraded Thursday morning, and I love it so far. Okay, I like it so far, especially Edge. Very small learning curve so far. Because I wasn't reserved the whole process took almost three hours. Does not change your desktop, but gets rid of the Tile Page and makes it a drop down. I also like that I can write on the web pages, and it seems to boot up way faster. The only problem that I've found is that I can't use Roboform on Edge because it does not allow extensions to be used within it, which affects integration. I use Roboform a lot to manage my forms and passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
                        The only problem that I've found is that I can't use Roboform on Edge because it does not allow extensions to be used within it, which affects integration. I use Roboform a lot to manage my forms and passwords.
                        Plugin support is coming soon Iads,

Comment

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The upgrade process went smooth for me. Much better than what it was like in the past.

Overall coming from Windows 7 to Windows 10 it has been a positive experience for me. Of course it helps when the upgrade was free and it went smoothly. Good job Microsoft, you're learning and that's good.

Siber Systems has been in the password management industry for a long time. I'm confident they'll get Roboform going on the Edge browser soon. No worries Iads.

Comment

I just got me an asus notebook and upgraded it to 10. I am happy with it.... going through the paces right now with edge.... I have not encountered the fuzziness of fonts yet Yav has encountered... and I got as many tabs open right now that my mac mini struggled with on chrome and everything is right snappy...

Comment

Yav I'm running a 24" on my asus laptop via hdmi cable... I was having some resolution problems and I had to go into the display settings and directly select output to go to monitor 2.. Until I did that I could only use the highest rez that my laptop screen supported on the 24" which was a bit fuzzy. Maybe that will help....

Comment

Working...
                              X