Help with CSS and Shartronix 3.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CSS and Shartronix 3.1.1

I am trying to customize an installation of Sharetronix 3.1.1. Somehow some of my text has turned white on a white background. I can not find the css tags (class nor ID) that control that text. The default text/font color is set for#000000. I even re-installed the CSS file and although other changes went back to their default state that particular text did not. I do not understand this. Does anyone have experience with Sharetronix. It's a micro-blogging platform.

Is the install on the web that I could take a look?

Comment

Thanks clivejo,

It is at usish.org. You may have to start an account, but you can delete it later if you want. It's the only way to get past the login page. to see the problem.

Comment

can you set me up a temp one?

Comment

I set up the account and PMed you the info...

Comment

Im not seeing the problem, where do I need to go to see what your seeing?

EDIT : I see now. In profile information the main content area is white writing on white background.

It is inheriting its color from the body tag. If you override the color for DIV#content-container that should do the trick.

Try changing
            Code:
            #content-container {float:left;}
            To
            Code:
            #content-container {color:#000;float:left;}
            Last edited by clivejo; 23-03-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
              Im not seeing the problem, where do I need to go to see what your seeing?

EDIT : I see now. In profile information the main content area is white writing on white background.

It is inheriting its color from the body tag. If you override the color for DIV#content-container that should do the trick.

Try changing
              Code:
              #content-container {float:left;}
              To
              Code:
              #content-container {color:#000;float:left;}

clivejo, I must thank you a lot, it worked!!!

I was looking for a container with the color already set to white, not one left blank ...and I learnt something new...

Comment

Clivejo is our resident expert. I don't know where this forum would be without his able assistance.

Comment

To be honest its kinda the wrong way to do it! It could get confusing!

It would be most logical to set the body color to black and then override the header div to white. Also your title is using font tags ie

Code:
                  <font color=white>iads site title</font>
                  I would convert this to CSS, or just override the header div to color white would be the simplest way!

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                    Clivejo is our resident expert. I don't know where this forum would be without his able assistance.
                    # 2 backs that one up vlasi clivejo is ontop of his stuff..

Among the excellent tech support in this thread going on if someone has a second could they explain what are the advantages of a micro blog verses a blogging software like wordpress? Really just curious... I've seen some spam posts in the forum reguarding micro blogging but if iads is working hands on with one these would be real opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                      # 2 backs that one up vlasi clivejo is ontop of his stuff..

Among the excellent tech support in this thread going on if someone has a second could they explain what are the advantages of a micro blog verses a blogging software like wordpress? Really just curious... I've seen some spam posts in the forum reguarding micro blogging but if iads is working hands on with one these would be real opinions.
                      The micro blog software that I'm working with is called Sharetronix, it is an open source cross between Facebook and Twitter. It comes out of the box looking a lot like Facebook, but it has a limit to the amount of characters that you may use in your posts that the admin can set. I believe that the limits keep the conversations on track. It automatically converts the site and posts to mobile optimization when viewed on a mobile device.

I don't believe that Wordpress promotes an ongoing two way conversation, but rather comments to someone else's article.

I like the Sharetronix customizable look and feel over most forum type sites, the interaction is different from Wordpress, phpBBS, or most other types of forum software. I like he groups, the add-ons, and the way that it is easy to follow a thread. And the best part is that instead of you following the conversation, the conversation follows you by using wall posts that can be filtered with as little as one click of the mouse.

Comment

To be honest its kinda the wrong way to do it! It could get confusing!

It would be most logical to set the body color to black and then override the header div to white. Also your title is using font tags ie

Code:
                        <font color=white>iads site title</font>
                        I would convert this to CSS, or just override the header div to color white would be the simplest way!
                        I believe you to be right, but even though this is open source I believe that they purposely make it hard to customize in order to sell you the upgrades and extra apps. Code is not where is should be, files are not labeled accurately, the files with the variables are all over the place when they could be in one file. There's folder paths that lead to nowhere, and duplicate folder paths that confuse you when looking for a particular file. Not to mention files and folders with the same names inside of different folder paths.

I had to jury rig some of my customizations.

Comment

I cant comment on that as I dont know. Its not a piece of software Ive used before, but I can see it plus sides. I like the sound of the ability for your user-base to hold conversations and FB like design something most users are now very familiar with.

If I ever get some free time and dont have my mind on something else I might install it and give it a try. Are there not some demo/pre-installed themes or skins that should how you go about customising it?

Comment

If I ever get some free time and dont have my mind on something else I might install it and give it a try. Are there not some demo/pre-installed themes or skins that should how you go about customising it?
                            There are only two alternant themes on their site right now. The program was just upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 and nothing from 2.0 works with 3.0. 2.0 had a lot of third part apps and themes...but not 3.0... yet.
                            Last edited by iads; 24-03-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
                              The micro blog software that I'm working with is called Sharetronix, it is an open source cross between Facebook and Twitter. It comes out of the box looking a lot like Facebook, but it has a limit to the amount of characters that you may use in your posts that the admin can set. I believe that the limits keep the conversations on track. It automatically converts the site and posts to mobile optimization when viewed on a mobile device.

I don't believe that Wordpress promotes an ongoing two way conversation, but rather comments to someone else's article.

I like the Sharetronix customizable look and feel over most forum type sites, the interaction is different from Wordpress, phpBBS, or most other types of forum software. I like he groups, the add-ons, and the way that it is easy to follow a thread. And the best part is that instead of you following the conversation, the conversation follows you by using wall posts that can be filtered with as little as one click of the mouse.
                              Thanks iads, that clears it up for me somewhat and thank you for taking the time for the explanation. I'll find a use for this in the future Ill bail out now, didnt mean to be intrusive and wanted to thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X