e-commerce scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-commerce scripts

Has anyone used the e-commerce scripts available such as OS commerce, PrestaSAhop and Open Cart? And if so which one have you used and which do you recommend if you have tried more than one?

Also would like to know which one integrates well with an existing website.

Would appreciate anyone's comments/help.-

Hello.

I have used all of them, and also Zen Cart and Magento.

Magento and PrestaShop are way above the other scripts in any way - customization and most important - SEO options.

In order of integrating I think it will be the same process for all the scripts.

Personal opinion - Megento or PrestaShop... maybe Magento the most.

Best Regards,
    Tom.

Comment

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the reply.

Comment

Are you planning on using it on RSP servers?

Comment

I used Zen Cart and I liked it. It can be used by its self or you can integrate it easily with CSS.

Comment

I'm interested in trying an e-commerce site on RSP services but I'm worried about SSL certs. Is RapidSSL the only choice we have regarding SSL? Is there no way to install our own cert?

Comment

@clivejo,

there is no problem in installing and using SSL Certificate from another provider.

Just make sure that it is "Apache SSL Certificate"

Comment

How do I install one of my own?

There used to be an option in Hepsia, but it seems to have been done away with.

Comment

Hello again.

In order to install your own SSL Certificate:

1) Make sure that the host you want to install the SSL Certificate to is using a Dedicated IP.

Go to:

My Domains >> Hosted Domains >> Actions >> Edit Domain >> IP Address

If you do not have additional IP Addresses you can order one here:

Add or Upgrade service(s) >> Additional IPs

2) In order to install the SSL Certificate go to:

My Domains >> Hosted Domains >> Actions >> Edit Domain >> Secure Socket Layer (SSL): >> Upload SSL Certificate

Enter the Private Key, Certificate, CSR and CA (Certification Authorities) if provided by the SSL Vendor and click Edit Host

If you have troubles setting up the SSL Certificate you can contact us in a Ticket, provide us the archive from the SSL Vendor and we will setup this for you.

Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                    Are you planning on using it on RSP servers?
                    Just got back from an extended vacation......nice to be retired

Yes, I plan to use it on RSP. I have played around with PrestaShop and believe it will work ok. I just have difficulty with changing fonts, backgrounds, etc.. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to modify the themes. Or I'm not looking in the right place. Having just logged in to the forum I was shocked to find a completely new forum! I was so used to the old one. I miss some of the features of the old one but I guess I'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X