New Site Builder. Anyone using it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Builder. Anyone using it?

The replacement for Site Studio, is anyone using Site Builder? If so, do you have any comments about it? Did you find it easy or hard to use? What are your clients reactions? Any pros or cons that you would like to share?

Majority of my clients are wanting WordPress installations these days and I have never checked it out. Have you used it?

Comment

I have been trying to. I thought it would be quick and easy to do a site for my son-in-law but I will probably go back to Dreamweaver. The demo that shows how to develop a site doesn't agree with the application itself or I just haven't been able to master it. Of course I'm old and feeble minded so it may just be my fault. Anyway, it's good to see you are still hanging around clivejo. We've had some great conversations in the past.

Comment

I experimented with it (not for an actual site, but out of curiosity) and can say that it is definitely an improvement from the last one. I will definitely stick with WordPress or just modifying templates myself (it's amazing how many amazing quality HTML5/Bootstrap templates you see on the web for free these days), but I think it all comes down to personal preferences and your experience levels. This was definitely a good move by RSP to give another benefit for resellers to offer to inexperienced potential clients.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
          I have been trying to. I thought it would be quick and easy to do a site for my son-in-law but I will probably go back to Dreamweaver. The demo that shows how to develop a site doesn't agree with the application itself or I just haven't been able to master it. Of course I'm old and feeble minded so it may just be my fault. Anyway, it's good to see you are still hanging around clivejo. We've had some great conversations in the past.
          Seasoned maybe, but for sure not feeble minded! How you doing vlasi?

Comment

I actually did use it once. I built a site for my Son-in-law's carpet cleaning business. It turned out pretty good for a quick and easy static website. Haven't been around much, guys. Getting older and spending a lot more time fishing than anything else. Somehow at 73 building websites does not hold as much interest to me anymore.

Comment

Well, dude i have to say that WordPress is actually the best choice. However if we take on the other site builders i think the best one has to be <<removed spam>>. I mean, the quality of the service is great, the prices are also adequate, i don't really see many downsides for it. However, i don't really know what do you need it for, i mean what kind of site you having. I had to use <<removed spam>>, as my clients mostly have online stores so they need to get also a <<removed spam>> So the magneto is compatible with <<removed spam>>. That was the reason i had to choose it.
              Last edited by clivejo; 16-11-2020, 01:40 AM. Reason: Removing spam

Comment

I just started coming back to the forum some weeks ago and it has no SSL. I mean there is free SSL now. Just curious why.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkernor View Post
                  Well, dude i have to say that WordPress is actually the best choice. However if we take on the other site builders i think the best one has to be <<removed spam>> I mean, the quality of the service is great, the prices are also adequate, i don't really see many downsides for it.
                  Oh I love wordpress
                  Last edited by clivejo; 16-11-2020, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                    I just started coming back to the forum some weeks ago and it has no SSL. I mean there is free SSL now. Just curious why.
                    I have asked about it myself, so I am guessing there is a technical issue which makes it harder to do. But it's not like we sharing payment details or anything private or confidential.

Regarding naming other services, please bear in mind that this forum is hosted for customers/resellers of the Resellers Panel to interact with one another, and should not be used to discuss third party services, no matter how good your believe them to be or if you are affiliated with them or not!! Also, links to other sites, if deemed as spam will not be tolerated and those posting the links will have their posts removed and banned from the site. Just a friendly warning
                    Last edited by clivejo; 13-11-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Update: I was setting up a new website for a client in person recently and wanted to show them the different options for their website (namely Wordpress and the site builder). They are inexperienced and told me that needed a blog to be included and while showing them I played with the blog feature in the site builder. They decided to go with Wordpress for now, but both them and I were impressed with the site builder and the blog features on it.

I believe that I may be suggesting the site builder to the inexperienced if they don't feel comfortable with Wordpress. I like that they just have to have one login (instead of one to Hepsia and one to WP).

Comment

Nice to know there are these tools available.

Comment

SiteBuilder is a simple to use website builder, but it is not compatible with other website builders due to its minimal functionality and architecture. It's worth seeing elsewhere to create an impressive, immersive or scalable website.

Pros
                          Easy to use
                          Quick to build a simple website
                          Basic eCommerce functions on the highest plan

Cons
                          Low-quality features
                          No SSL certificate
                          Outdated and inflexible templates

Comment

Originally posted by oe31 View Post
                            SiteBuilder is a simple to use website builder, but it is not compatible with other website builders due to its minimal functionality and architecture. It's worth seeing elsewhere to create an impressive, immersive or scalable website.

Pros
                            Easy to use
                            Quick to build a simple website
                            Basic eCommerce functions on the highest plan

Cons
                            Low-quality features
                            No SSL certificate
                            Outdated and inflexible templates
                            I know this post is over a year old now, but you were thinking of the old SiteBuilder. We now have a drag-and-drop website builder called KoPage. All my pages are HTTPS. I'm not sure if that is due to the builder or because my sites mostly run through CloudFlare (which uses their flexible SSL), but I'm about certain that it's because of the builder. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already!

Comment

Working...
                            X