The new site builder (Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new site builder (Review)

There was a thread about this when it first came out, but it was still very new to us and I thought it was time to bring it back to everyone's attention since it can be a huge selling point for hosting. I especially wanted to point it out to resellers who would like to bring life back to their sites, or bring them back to RSP. If you haven't checked out the website builder offered in Hepsia (Kopage), then you are missing out!

Click image for larger version  Name:	KOPAGE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	64339

Website builders like Weebly, Wix, Webstarts, and others definitely changed the webhosting world making the design so easy that a caveman could do it. This has allowed small business owners to fully design their own websites with no training or experience. Webhosts without a decent builder simply can't compete against these hosts for the inexperienced (unless they offer design services - but even then it's a tough market to compete against a drag-and-drop builder host), so I'm glad that RSP took the step forward to get it for us.

Some of the features that can be added to the drag and drop builder:
    • Custom HTML can be embedded in pages.
    • Custom meta for each page for better SEO
    • Google Maps (for business location info)
    • Contact forms can be easily created and embedded
    • Live chat integration
    • Newsletter signups, management, and emailing all from the site builder.
    • Blogs - not quite as powerful as WordPress and others, but simple and easy to integrate
    • Shopping Carts - Your customers can add an entire store to their website and take payments through PayPal, Square, 2Checkout, Stripe, and others.
    • Restaurant menus.

I have actually been rebuilding my RSP reseller site using it and have been very impressed with it. It has bugs here and there, but a lot are tied back to my site running through Cloudflare (such as rate limiting catching myself making all the changes - an easy fix in my Cloudflare settings when it happens).

All in all it is a HUGE upgrade from the site builder we were offering clients before. I'd say that it competes with setting them up on WordPress if they want a simple-to-manage site.
Working...
X