Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 anybody here into building web communities - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody here into building web communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here into building web communities

Do you have a forum? Do you need one?

Forums are great opportunities to build a massive web presence.

We just launched a forum for people interesting in creating web communities.

http://forumsuccess.com/community-building/ - Helping members building launching, & running successful web communities.

If you have any forum ideas in your head or already have a successful forum come over and learn and teach...

I run multiple popular boards over the web. One of my most successful would be http://ddgfx.com/forums with near 2000 members.

Comment

Nice Forum

PS, your top ad banner says Pearl, I'd flip it to Perl

Comment

My Site
        I run this site and a few more.

Comment

I run www.dashtabs.org

Before the server crashed and we lost our database we had just over 40 000 registered members.

We then had to start again, which SUCKED. But it's still a nice place if you like Dashboard Confessional.

Comment

Wow soo many members (40,000). You must have been a god their haha. Hopefully this year I can get my board to reach the 100 mark.

By the way how many members do you have now? (Since the crash)

Best Regards,

Comment

Hi all -

How is RSP for hosting Forums. Any good?

My Partner Cy hosts The Forum Success - forum.

Comment

I maintain a total of about a dozen different forums on various servers here & have no complaints. I strongly recommend this hosting for forums. Some of them are my own, others I do the tech support for.

*edit*
                The only real complaint I have is if you have a SMF forum on this hosting, the Spell Check option doesn't work. You MUST have the pspell library installed on your server and your PHP configuration set up to use the pspell library - they don't appear to have that here.
                Last edited by Guest; 15-07-2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamV
                  The only real complaint I have is if you have a SMF forum on this hosting, the Spell Check option doesn't work. You MUST have the pspell library installed on your server and your PHP configuration set up to use the pspell library - they don't appear to have that here.
                  IamV, I am not sure that you can persuade our system administrators to install the pspell library on our servers. You can try though, by opening a support ticket. However, if a spellchecker is essential for you and your forum visitors, I can advise you (and your forum members) to install the Google Toolbar plug-in (it is available for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox), which includes a spell-checker function. I know that this solution is clumsier that using the built in forum spell-checker, but at least it is some sort of alternative.

Comment

Working...
                  X