Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Lost a Potential Client - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost a Potential Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a Potential Client

Hi,

I have today just lost a Potential Client, I had an email from my support form on my Reseller hosting site Details below.

"I have looked through your control panel demo but didn\'t find anything about the auto-responders. Can you confirm all accounts have auto-responders? Are we able to have various different messages pre-set to go out in response to a contact enquiry received on a form on our website. I presume there are standard forms we can use to take the customers details. Also, for the mailing lists, how do we get access to the list to clean it and unsubscribe people, save a copy list - even print off a hard copy and so on?"

I contacted Support about this and Basicly we could not do what he wanted.

Is thier a way we can avold this happening again?

I even offerd my Potential Client a Bribe, I was willing to setup a form for him and get it working, And give him Mailing List Manager for his lists.

Is there a way I can add an email list, AutoResponder and forms to Clients hosting?

Has anyone got an autoresponder working on thier sites? The reason I ask, I Have tried a couple of Autoresponders but could not get them to work.

Chris

Hello Chris,

I have had no problem getting the autoresponders in my hosting accounts to work. In fact, I have one setup now.

As for the mailing lists, what features do these not have that the client wanted? I would be interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
      Hello Chris,

I have had no problem getting the autoresponders in my hosting accounts to work. In fact, I have one setup now.

As for the mailing lists, what features do these not have that the client wanted? I would be interested to know.
      Hi GWB,

I Had autoresponder plus installed on a clients site, it would send the 1st email but not the follow ups emails. So we had to use a more expensive one that i had to pay for, but at leaset i have an autorespnder that works and i can offer them free membership to my autoresponder.

The hosting Autoresponder you set up when you add an e-mail address only allows 1 preset message so I was told by live chat help, My client wanted several messages set up.

This is what my client e-mailed me that he wanted.
      For the mailing lists, how do we get access to the list to clean it and unsubscribe people, save a copy list - even print off a hard copy and so on?"

He could not save a copy or print the list or edit the list.

As I understand is you create a list email, Then you add users to the list, and send your message to your list e-mail then the message is sent to your subcribers.

He also wanted preset forms on hand. But we do not do that. I did offer to create his forms and se it up.

What Autoresponder are you using? Do the Follow ups work?
      Is it set up with crons? or is it cgi based?

Chris
      Last edited by Guest; 27-08-2006, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X