Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web-Design Help Needed

Hi, everyone!

I recently signed up, to take advantage of ResellerPanel's interesting system.

My problem now is, how in the heck do I access the templates so I can download them, edit as I see fit, then reupload to use?

I'd like to use one of the default templates, but modify it, as much as possible.

I don't see where I could do that, and if there IS such a place to do it, I would be grateful to learn where, as I would like to edit most, if not all of the text to fit my domain, and replace some of the images. AND customize it. At least, to a degree. :/

Of course, I could upload my own templates, but I'd like to use the existing ones, as it's much easier to use them because of all the included stuff already in place.

The other reason is, I'd like to include some more stuff that isn't related to hosting. (PC support, and the like.)

Originally posted by Keiro View Post
    Hi, everyone!

I recently signed up, to take advantage of ResellerPanel's interesting system.

My problem now is, how in the heck do I access the templates so I can download them, edit as I see fit, then reupload to use?

I'd like to use one of the default templates, but modify it, as much as possible.

I don't see where I could do that, and if there IS such a place to do it, I would be grateful to learn where, as I would like to edit most, if not all of the text to fit my domain, and replace some of the images. AND customize it. At least, to a degree. :/

Of course, I could upload my own templates, but I'd like to use the existing ones, as it's much easier to use them because of all the included stuff already in place.

The other reason is, I'd like to include some more stuff that isn't related to hosting. (PC support, and the like.)
    You cant download the existing templates.

Comment

you also can't upload it.

however, you may use some downloader to manual download each page and all contents and edit it and buy a hosting account and upload all there.

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
        You cant download the existing templates.
        It's too bad, really... it IS nice... though I've been slowly pulling all of the template's page down while I was on the pages.

Took a while, to do all of that. :/

wjleong: So that's the only way then, to have the site show up properly like I want to? If so, I really wish I had the ability to modify what it looks like, while still using the stuff that RSP provides.

... I'll be tinkering around with this stuff, though.

It's been an interesting time so far for me.

Comment

That's just the way I started, limitations soon got the better of me and I bought some web space for myself.

I used the remote forms at the present, but did use the api. the new api was a little more complicated and I couldn't get to grips with it, but I think I got the hang of it now, but still a bit of a night mare.

Comment

Originally posted by The Loon View Post
            That's just the way I started, limitations soon got the better of me and I bought some web space for myself.

I used the remote forms at the present, but did use the api. the new api was a little more complicated and I couldn't get to grips with it, but I think I got the hang of it now, but still a bit of a night mare.
            So basically the only way to get around this limitation is to get some space?

... How... what's the word? archaic, in my opinion. I loved the way HG (Hostgator) offered templates to shared, reseller and dedicated customers. (I'm a Dedicated Server customer with HG.)

I like the way they do their reseller set up... and it's really too bad that we can't modify templates. I see absolutely no reason not to, but eh.

Thanks for the answers, thus far, everyone.

Comment

I did the same as The Loon and bought my own space and created my own site. It took some time, but the end result was worth it.

Im now in the process of completely changing my site (im going from a CMS to a totally hand coded site, much better for speed issues etc.) and it's looking promising. It's taking longer to do than the CMS one did, but the extra effort is really showing through.

I would suggest to make something yourself, you get to know the products better that way, and it also allows you to have more control over the way the site looks (like if RSP decide to bin the template that you're using for example, or even if you just simply don't like what they have written on a page).

By doing that you can just use the remote forms to get you started and then move into the API if you feel more confident on coding the API elements into the site yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X